Couldn't find this existing thread. What are your thoughts on a COMPLETE tab for "My Spirit Lives On"? The one floating around online is useless. That's my question. Discuss Manowar...
If you're just looking for the tab, request it in the tab section or something. Manowar, are the most cheesy metal band ever. Not that you didn't know that.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Yeah Manowar are cheesy, but they embrace they cheese. They find inspiration in it.
They have a few good, intensely epic songs, but that's about it.
Yeah they can be fun at times. Generally I can't bear them though
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Yeah, I can't listen through a whole album at once. But random songs here and there works perfectly fine for me.
Quote by Guitarmike123
Yeah, I can't listen through a whole album at once. But random songs here and there works perfectly fine for me.

I'm listening to them right now, I love their old stuff better. The songs written about vietnam and it's effects like shell shock.
They might have gone to pot since he left, but back when they had Ross Friedman on guitar they were unbeatable. And I see nothing cheesy about songs like Gates of Valhalla or Battle Hymn, just awesome, pure epic heavy metal.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
What everybody needs to understand here is that Manowar is not cheesy at all. If they were a new band, then maybe so. But Manowar was the first band to write songs like that which would make their style original. All who came after are cheesy.
Manowar are absolute gods. Everyone saying "Manowar is cheesy and gay" are 13-year old Pantera fanboys (and Pantera is a real life Spinal Tap). Keep this threead alive!!!
Quote by slayer1516
Manowar are absolute gods. Everyone saying "Manowar is cheesy and gay" are 13-year old Pantera fanboys (and Pantera is a real life Spinal Tap). Keep this threead alive!!!

I hope to god that was sarcasm, otherwise I've lost all faith in the human race and will now proceed to move to Canada, where they eat insects and live in a shelted, hermit like existance, meeking out a megre living within the rocky mountains and frozen peaks.
Quote by Magero
I hope to god that was sarcasm, otherwise I've lost all faith in the human race and will now proceed to move to Canada, where they eat insects and live in a shelted, hermit like existance, meeking out a megre living within the rocky mountains and frozen peaks.

Please do...we don't need you Manowar haters sucking up all of our American air anyway. Peasant.
Quote by Magero

Everything he says is true. In Canada it's like a populus of Gollums from the Lord of the Rings.
Quote by severed-metal

You're losing interest because you're simply not gay enough. Which leads me to believe you aren't cut out for metal.
Quote by Magero
Manowar is honestly just 300: The Band

Well I might have to call you a noob for this, but I am also quite drunk at the moment.....
Kings of Metal and Louder Than Hell are classic heavy metal albums. I completely recognize the raging cheese synonymous with Manowar, but I choose to overlook the lyrics and focus on the music instead (which is just as aggressive as Judas Priest). I guess this is one of those bands that you either love or hate.
I wish people would look past the loincloths... Manowar are excellent heavy metal, great riffs, amazing vocals, excellent bass work too.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
just liked a few songs. found them a bit boring
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his
Super bump...

I've only listened to Sign of the Hammer. What do you guys recommend for further listening?
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

THOR THE MIGHTY, THOR the brave
CRUSH THE INFIDEEELS IN YOUR WAAAY
BY YOUR HAMMER, LET NONE BE SAAAVED
LIVE TO DIIIE ON THAT FIIINAL DAY

Absolutely stellar metal of the highest quality
Philosophy > Life
May your sword stay wet like a young girl in her prime
Hold your hammers high.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace