anyway, piece of crap norton didnt detect it, or detect any infected files.. even though the virus changed my desktop to a big red biohazard symbol.. + multiple browser hijacks etc.

so i got a variety of anti-virus/anti spy programs and totally cleaned out all the virus entries in the system reg, and the entries in the system restore.

then i restored the system back 10 days and everything seems to be fine now, or is it?

is the virus actually gone or am i in for a big shock?
I play guitar =]
it depends on how long you had the virus. if it was a trojan i think you might be. cause some viruses can lay dormant for a long time until the hacker wants to activate them.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Well when did you get the virus? Doing a system restore may have been your only mistake. If you did, then you have reloaded all of the registry entries you deleted.
Quote by Wasted-Youth
I laugh at people that say "well my mac doesn't get viruses!" That's like bragging that nobody breaks into your shack and steals your lawn chair.

Quote by Yakult
I've got more faith in Michael Jackson safely babysitting my cousin, than I do in Windows.
i had that problem like a year ago, to fix it.. i bought a mac best choice i have made so far
Quote by metaldud536
I think you should stick with Avast!, which is updated almost every friggin day.

+1 hell my dad's school uses that.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
worm.win32.netbooster2

i got it yesterday. did all this hardcore cleaning ****, (Virus was still there) then i just restored back 10 days and everything seems to be fine.

i was trying to get an activex control and then boom.
I play guitar =]
My dad had that virus just a few days ago.
Trend micro didn't detect it either.
It's fine now, but it could just be dormant.
I got, what I think is a virus, something that causes my keyboard to stop working, and then the mouse. I rebooted my computer to get them working (temporarily) again and did a system restore to the previous day, ran a virus check and everything seems fine. But every now and then it happens again. Doing a system restore always fixes it but could it be a virus that remains dormant for X days and every system restore reboots that, or is it a virus at all? Or could it just be I keep getting it somehow?
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Chances are that it's not gone. You should have deactivated system restore before cleaning the PC.
Deactivate it and do it again. Viruses always put themselves in the system restore folder.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

As others have said System Restore wasn't a great idea. Often times spyware and viruses can lie hide within the System Restore directories themselves. You should disable System Restore (which should delete all the restore points) re-run the programs, and create a new Restore point.
10 days from now your computer is going to screw up.

Don't change time. EVER.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Quote by yellowshirtguy
10 days from now your computer is going to screw up.

Don't change time. EVER.

Well, when I did it, I set it to go back one day. And it was fine for several weeks.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.