i am a beginner guitarist and would like anyone's opinion on the first song i should learn. I'll accept anything.
First question back... what do you like?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
well, anything but death metal. Classic rock, pop, alternative, even some light"ish" metal like metallica and the sword.
Blink 182 - Dammit.

Lulz. Seriously though, what kind of music do you like? (not saying that's a bad song to learn, just we could be way more helpful if we knew what you liked)
i can play the main riff of iron man very well and up to speed but i kinda got bored lol. one of my fave bands is muse. anythjing by them thats easy besides knights of cydonia?
Haha.... I'm waiting for spoing24 to come back with "I like Alan Jackson and Shania Twain." And here are suggesting Iron Man.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
axemanchris....i gotta say...that was funny....but i have no idea at all who the heck alan jackson is or Shania Twain.
ooooohhhhhh haha i get it now......soooo i think i'll try smells like teen spirit. im a big fan of nirvana. thanks bangoodcharlote.
You should try out songs you enjoy listening to (as suggested). Since you like Nirvana, "Smells Like Teen Spirit" is a good starting point. Most Nirvana songs are quite easy, even for a beginner (though there are some that will be harder for a beginner to play).

As a beginner I learned of songs by Nirvana, Green Day, blink 182 and The White Stripes. These bands use mostly power chords, which are easy to learn and easy to use. I also enjoyed learning some other tunes by The Beatles and some obvious songs that most people learn such as "Wonderwall" by Oasis and "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin. Some other popular artists that people often learn songs by as "beginners" are Guns N' Roses and Metallica (I personally never liked these artists very much and never felt inclined to learn their songs).

You should learn songs that you like. If you like a song you will have a greater desire to learn it and will try harder and are less likely to give up learning it halfway through. If you list a few more bands that you like we can probably tell you easy songs by them or recommend other similar artists as well. As long as your favourite band isn't Rush you shouldn't have trouble learning song by your favourite band at the start .