Hi, my friends call me Chewis... I recently decided to get a guitar to control some emotional distress . I played the viola for a while, i didn't really like the genres available to that instrument, so I'm going to try the guitar. I'll be posting a picture of my guitar when i get it. Here's a link to it, tell me if I'm making a good decision. Its an acoustic btw.

My soon to be , guitar
Hey. Personally, I have played a Lyon acoustic several times, and it seems to be a solid intsrument for a beginner. For the price, you cant do much better imo.
wow, most other guitar forums took around 2 days to get a response. This one looks like a keeper!
Quote by qotsa1998
Hey. Personally, I have played a Lyon acoustic several times, and it seems to be a solid intsrument for a beginner. For the price, you cant do much better imo.

agreed, my brother's played his Washburn Lyon for about a year and still enjoys it, but personally i dont care for it much although very sturdy for a cheap price, it'll be good until you learn a lot and decide weather you want to continue guitar or not.
I breathe air.
Is there any possible DVD i could buy that could teach me from Home or maybe a book?

Is this a good guitar for a beginner? OR should i buy another one? IF so which one and where would be the best place to get it.
Last edited by Chewis at Apr 26, 2008,
Quote by Chewis
Is there any possible DVD i could buy that could teach me from Home or maybe a book?

Youtube is always helpful, and free. Just type in "How to play (SONG TITLE)" and you should get lessons on how to play the song.

Also there are some gutar lesson vids on UG that you can use but most of them are for advanced guitar players so keep a look out.
there are tons of dvds and books, go to any guitar center store, i guarantee they'll have a wall absolutely full of em
Turquoise Team Beasts!