Hey all,

I have an old Strat body that I had made with my father. It's a really great piece of wood but I find my tastes deviating a bit. We had initially top routed it and had an S-S-S configuration but I want to route it for a single humbucker and have the contorls rear routed.

I really don't want to have to cut more wood to fill the holes and do more sanding so I was wondering if an epoxy like JB Weld Stick would suffice?

I'm guessing not, but if it does, it'll save me a lot of trouble!

Thanks!

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by ldnovelo
get glue and some pieces of wood. Fill with that.

If you made it have a pickguard, get this
http://store.guitarfetish.com/sihustpi3ply.html
and paint it the color you want it.

I'd like to avoid a pickguard.

I know that wood would be the best but would the epoxy work at all? It would be really convienient.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Hey dude I'm just doing what you are trying to do. Wood is the best way. Don't bother with epoxy. And wood filling adds a bit of sound to it. Heres the link to my thread if you want pictures etc. LINK!
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
Quote by tomypg
Hey dude I'm just doing what you are trying to do. Wood is the best way. Don't bother with epoxy. And wood filling adds a bit of sound to it. Heres the link to my thread if you want pictures etc. LINK!

Yeah, I suppose there's no way around it.

Thanks!

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Converting a front route strat to rear route is not going to be very easy. The JB weld wouldnt work as the space you need to fill is is big. And where the pickguard was will need to have wood so you can put controls in. Youre way better off finding a pickguard you can live with.
Quote by Tackleberry
Converting a front route strat to rear route is not going to be very easy. The JB weld wouldnt work as the space you need to fill is is big. And where the pickguard was will need to have wood so you can put controls in. Youre way better off finding a pickguard you can live with.

That's the thing, I won't find one.

I was thinking of getting some really cheap piece of wood to test a whole bunch of different methods and see what works.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
That's the thing, I won't find one.

I was thinking of getting some really cheap piece of wood to test a whole bunch of different methods and see what works.

I'm thinking that might work. Fill the 2 routes with solid wood, cover the whole deal with 1/4" veneer, and cut out the hole (veneer) for the humbucker. You can use the veneer top to mount your pots and switch from the rear.