Ok i am look for a amp and i think Marshall's or Traynor's will be better for what i play. I play alot of RHCP, Hendrix, Slash, and SRV. I want the amp to have good cleans too. I was thinking a Marshall jcm2000 dsl50. But i hear the traynors are very marshally and then seem to have good cleans. The dsl has good cleans too though(i think) So what do you guys think would be a good Marshall amp or any amp for the stuff i play. Im probaly going to look for something on ebay for around 700$
An Orange should do all of that.

I think it's the Rockerverb 50 that does the Fender cleans and Orange OD (better than Marshall, in my opinion).

The Traynor YCV50 Blue is, I think, the Marshall-y one.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
traynor ycv50 blue-$600

Edit: That's brand new too
Edit deux: THe orange is also way out of his price range.
Last edited by saltysnail at Apr 26, 2008,
if you like hendrix and srv dont go with orange, jimi didnt ... just saying stick with marshall
Gear :
Gibson signature
CryBaby
Marshall MDX 250
marshall JCM900, it has great cleans and has great overdrive. u can get a used head for about 400 or 500 USD on ebay.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by alekaka
if you like hendrix and srv dont go with orange, jimi didnt ... just saying stick with marshall

Why?

Traynor Blues do Marshall better than a real Marshall. SRV never played through a Marshall, anyways.

And the Orange will do the Fender cleans, and the Marshall OD. The Traynor will do the Marshall overall sound, but won't have the fender cleans.
--

--
Oranges are pretty sweet. Traynor is ok too, but Orange better I think.

Props for the title.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
So what other Marshalls do you guys recommend? Also how would a ycv40 red wine Traynor be?
Gear
Epi Les Paul
Fender Monterey Replica
Line 6 Spider 2
Fulltone Fulldrive 2
Vox wah pedal
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Equalizer

Wanted
Fender Blues Jr.
Line 6 DL4 Delay
Which would be better a jcm2000 DSL50 or a jcm900??
Gear
Epi Les Paul
Fender Monterey Replica
Line 6 Spider 2
Fulltone Fulldrive 2
Vox wah pedal
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Equalizer

Wanted
Fender Blues Jr.
Line 6 DL4 Delay
The 900 gets more praise than the 2000. The 800, however, would be best. Search around on eBay for a used one, perhaps?
--

--
First off, I have to say that you seem to make alot of these threads.
It's not necessarily a bad thing, but you have to figure out what tones you want and go out and play different amps. You've gone from wanting a Mayer tone, to a SRV, all the way to a slash tone. You gotta figure out what you want, because amps in your price range can't do it all.

Saying that, I recommend the traynor.
Peavey classics are worth looking into also.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
^^ +1 to everyone who says traynor
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by stratman_13
Why?
SRV never played through a Marshall, anyways.

Yes he did. He occasionally played through a marshall stack.

Back to the point I like my DSL 50 alot. I get a nice Hendrix tone out of it.
2008 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Dean ML Select
Customized Schecter Omen-6
Taylor 214e
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960 cab
Cube 15
Vox Wah
Blues Driver BD-2

Quote by Chordzzz
can you fuсk it?

Quote by nebiru
Oh I will find a way.
Quote by Schecter88

Who hasn't played thru one of these "Marshall Stacks"
Quote by stratman_13
Why?

Traynor Blues do Marshall better than a real Marshall. SRV never played through a Marshall, anyways.

And the Orange will do the Fender cleans, and the Marshall OD. The Traynor will do the Marshall overall sound, but won't have the fender cleans.

alright buddy, a traynor DOES NOT do marshall better than marshall. what the hell is wrong with you? have you lost your mind?!! maybe a JCM2000, but not a 900 or 800 or the older plexi's. and before you ask, yes i've played them, and no traynor's don't do it. close, but not quite.

i'm not saying traynor's don't sound good, but saying they do marshall better than a real marshall is just silly.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
alright buddy, a traynor DOES NOT do marshall better than marshall. what the hell is wrong with you? have you lost your mind?!! maybe a JCM2000, but not a 900 or 800 or the older plexi's. and before you ask, yes i've played them, and no traynor's don't do it. close, but not quite.

i'm not saying traynor's don't sound good, but saying they do marshall better than a real marshall is just silly.

haha great to hear somebody say that
i've never played through a traynor so don't get pissed at me
but i've never gotten how people say their better at marshall tones than marshalls
yeah the ****ty ones of course
but c'mon
now you're just biasing towards the underdog
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by zaffie8808
Which would be better a jcm2000 DSL50 or a jcm900??

NEITHER! Both are aimed mostly at metal and hard rock players. If it MUST be a Marshall get a JCM800.

Check out an 18watter too, such as this one:
http://www.ceriatone.com/productSubPages/BSTMB/BSTMBComplete.htm

I have an 18watter and they're great for things like that, basically a small JCM800 that's easy to crank and stuff.

Also on the Orange vs. Marshall. Yes Orange does Marshall overdrive better than a lot of Marshalls. I have owned a JCM800, JCM900s and one Plexi and have sold all of them and now I have Rocker 30 whih I will never sell. 'Nuff said.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
marshall all the way nothing compares to the sound you get from them. i have an avt275 and it can very much accompany for all of them sounds you require!!
peace
Quote by slash4lyf
marshall all the way nothing compares to the sound you get from them. i have an avt275 and it can very much accompany for all of them sounds you require!!
peace

Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
Quote by slash4lyf
peace

+1
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by stratman_13
Why?

SRV played through marshalls very regularly. a club & country and MaJor for his cleans, if i'm not mistaking. he also used them occasionally for his OD, but i don't know which one exactly.
Quote by psychokiller99

Traynor does the typical Marshall sound better than the equivalent priced Marshalls do.

Good luck finding a plexi or JTM45 for $600.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Schecter88

I've only seen him do it on that Youtube interview. I was just going with a general overall span

Quote by steven seagull
Traynor does the typical Marshall sound better than the equivalent priced Marshalls do.

Good luck finding a plexi or JTM45 for $600.

Yay. steven has my back

EDIT: And so does Gabe, if I'm not mistaken...
--

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Apr 27, 2008,
Quote by alekaka

stupid comment. jimi didn't play any of the current production marshalls either. brand following can be silly.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by The red Strat.
SRV played through marshalls very regularly. a club & country and MaJor for his cleans, if i'm not mistaking. he also used them occasionally for his OD, but i don't know which one exactly.

Really?

I thought he only used them for certain songs. Although, Soul to Soul definately does not sound like his usual tone. Did he use them for that album?
--

--