I feel guilty every minute that I'm not practicing when I'm at home. I practice five hours a day on the weekends and 2 hours on school days (I know. it's not a lot) + I play the violin, but I plan on practicing more over the summer....it's really weird. I don't like the feeling. I love music more than anything (well taekwondo is right on up there with it ) but I can only practice so much! I stay up way too late on school days as it is...I've recently started to fall asleep by accident during class, and my teachers are pissed. Alls I can think of is that it will get better by summer, but is this feeling normal?
Last edited by tkdfighter at Apr 26, 2008,
its not ur fault u fall asleep in class, its the teachers for being so damn boring
Quote by selkies
its not ur fault u fall asleep in class, its the teachers for being so damn boring

that is so true for my math teacher. yawn
Dude, school comes first. ALWAYS. If guitar is getting in the way then you might need to cut back on the guitar. Don't get me wrong, guitar is one of the most important things in my life, but if I don't do well in school then I couldn't afford to continue to play.
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
Quote by teknotard
Dude, school comes first. ALWAYS. If guitar is getting in the way then you might need to cut back on the guitar. Don't get me wrong, guitar is one of the most important things in my life, but if I don't do well in school then I couldn't afford to continue to play.

I know. I wish I could practice more on the weekends, but I'm at taekwondo for half of saturday (my exercise is important to me )I'll probably get in a lot tommorow, but I'm not staying up very late. The problem is I get used to staying up really late, so if I've finished my usual practice routine on a school night and it's like 11, which is when I'm supposed to go to bed, I feel guilty for going to bed instead of staying up until midnight or later like I usually do
jeeeeeez, how do you feel so guilty? if i felt guilty for everything bad i did, then i'd be really guilty. but i don't do bad things cuz i'm a good boy.
This is just some dude trying to tell us he loves guitar. I mean with comments like "I know it's not a lot". Jeez some people are arrogant. Just keep it to yourself.
I practise less than 2 hours a day every day. I don't feel that this is particularly bad of me.
Quote by Guitar Sushi
This is just some dude trying to tell us he loves guitar. I mean with comments like "I know it's not a lot". Jeez some people are arrogant. Just keep it to yourself.

that's definitly NOT what I'm doing! I've just seen too many comments on here where people talk about how much they play and get responses like 'do you want a medal duhhhhhh' I was just trying to avoid the dumbass haters on these boards. by the way I'm a girl you ignoramus
Why feel guilty? Did you spend a million dollars on your guitar and its just sitting there not being used?

Are you prophesised as the guitar savior of the universe, but because you dont practice it wont happen?

Do what you can, when you can. Nothing to be guilty about....