Poll: Do you like the design, and if so what color shirt should it be on?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like the design, and if so what color shirt should it be on?
I like the design on a white shirt.
6 30%
I like the desgin on a grey shirt.
13 65%
I don't like the design.
1 5%
Voters: 20.
First of all, if this has to go in that huge DIY thread, tell me and I'll delete this.

Anyway, I'm about to do my first DIY job. I might get my sister to help me with it since she does fashion classes at FIT, but I'm not sure she'll know about this type of situation. I'm gonna do the design in the attached image on either a white or grey t-shirt. The light blue part will probably be navy blue instead, but I might keep it like this.

First of all, what do you guys think of this design? I got it from a flyer I found on google, and I changed it a bit in MS Paint (switched colors, took out other stuff from the flyer). Also, do you think it looks better or white or grey?

Second, how should I go about this? What's the best method?

One last thing: should I change the size, or is this good?

Thanks, guys.
Attachments:
Propagandhi Shirt Design.JPG
Do you want the blue in the background, or are you just stenciling on the name "Propagandhi"?

Anyway, if you're just doing the name, it's very easy. I'd make that bigger though, unless you have a very very narrow body. Get a sheet of freezer paper, and tape the logo to the shiny side. Then flip it over, and trace the stencil with a pencil or marker or something onto the paper side of the freezer paper. Then use a razor to cut along the lines you drew. Once that's done, you iron the freezer paper onto your shirt. You should iron it so that the plastic side of the paper is pressed against the fabric. Don't iron too long, only like 30 seconds, just so that the stencil is stuck to the shirt. Get acrylic paint and mix it with some textile medium, which you can find at a craft store (Hobby Lobby has it). You should do probably 2 parts acrylic to 1 part textile medium. Then just use a small paint roller to paint the logo onto your shirt. Make sure you let the paint dry before you try to pull the stencil off the shirt.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
Quote by TheAdict310
Do you want the blue in the background, or are you just stenciling on the name "Propagandhi"?

Anyway, if you're just doing the name, it's very easy. I'd make that bigger though, unless you have a very very narrow body. Get a sheet of freezer paper, and tape the logo to the shiny side. Then flip it over, and trace the stencil with a pencil or marker or something onto the paper side of the freezer paper. Then use a razor to cut along the lines you drew. Once that's done, you iron the freezer paper onto your shirt. You should iron it so that the plastic side of the paper is pressed against the fabric. Don't iron too long, only like 30 seconds, just so that the stencil is stuck to the shirt. Get acrylic paint and mix it with some textile medium, which you can find at a craft store (Hobby Lobby has it). You should do probably 2 parts acrylic to 1 part textile medium. Then just use a small paint roller to paint the logo onto your shirt. Make sure you let the paint dry before you try to pull the stencil off the shirt.

I would like to do the blue in the background. Would that be really really hard? If worst comes to worst, I can mess up one shirt and buy another one, they're not expensive.
The blue in the background shouldn't be too hard, you'll just need two stencils. One of the just the background, and one of the words...do the background first haha!
I think you could just print it on some of that paper that you can iron on to textiles (whatever it's called).
Quote by werty22
I think you could just print it on some of that paper that you can iron on to textiles (whatever it's called).

I did that once a really long time ago, but it comes out really ****ty.
Yeah, Molly is right, you'd need two stencils. You couldn't do the little white spots in the middle of the blue though, because they're closed.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
^Didn't your mom make your guitar strap?
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by TheAdict310
Yeah, Molly is right, you'd need two stencils. You couldn't do the little white spots in the middle of the blue though, because they're closed.

Well really if he wanted a design like that, all he'd have to do is take the paint roller and put blue on it and just go straight at the shirt.. I mean, that's what the design looks like anyways. You wouldn't even need a stencil.

Or if you want it just like that, you can iron on small cut out pieces of wax paper and then go at it. Then do the letters over it
Quote by RizzoWashburn
^Didn't your mom make your guitar strap?

Exactly, you've proven my point.

That IS what I do, get a family member to help.

EDIT: It was a punk rock strap, too, because it broke after about 10 minutes.
The blue part isn't stencil ready, unless you don't mind the blank parts around the "GAN" not being there.

Other than that it's pretty straightforward. The text is designed to look like it was stenciled, so cutting it out won't be a problem.
Quote by sargasm
The blue part isn't stencil ready, unless you don't mind the blank parts around the "GAN" not being there.

Other than that it's pretty straightforward. The text is designed to look like it was stenciled, so cutting it out won't be a problem.

If he's using that Reynolds freezer paper stuff, he can just cut out the little white sections and then iron them on to the correct places.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
I don't much like white shirts, so I say gray. Either one would work, but white shirts get real dirty real easy.
I like white shirts because they look really good on me. I only have one white shirt atm but I wear it lots.

I'm ordering a bulk order from justshirts.ca with some friends, so I'll have 30 shirts to print on to my hearts content pretty soon!
I like grey shirts, mainly because for some reason they dry much faster than other colours, which makes laundry day easier.

It's weird, that.