keen mind , good artistic skills or a wallet full of cash haha

luckily i have a girlfriend who is doing illustration at uni
Passion Before Fashion

---------------------------------------------------------
Ibanez S470DQXM
Amp Fund 0/300
----------------------------------------------------------
Yeah, go with the obscure thing.

If you're good with a camera (and have a good camera) go outside and take pictures of things you really never see much.

Or go with graphic art or something...
LARGE TEXT

Pretty much try to make it look as much like this as possible. Then you should be set.
Quote by Brain245

Pretty much try to make it look as much like this as possible. Then you should be set.

If you make your album cover to look like a Disturbed cover, you are only really "set" to look like a box of douches.
Quote by lotsofvolume
For free, have a look at GIMP.

Or, Adobe Illustrator.

Is GIMP any good? I've heard it's almost identical to photoshop.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by Holy.

its not quite as good as photoshop, but it gets the job done. its a close second.
I have no opinion on this matter.
I think the best advice I can give you is to make it look good in someone else's eyes, not just yours. Unless of course, you plan on being the only one to buy your CD.

Sorry, I've been surfing the deespair website for like an hour . . .
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
I do rough illustrations (I'm not a bad artist but I'm not really good either) and them have one of my artist friends do a nice version. Or I do something in photoshop.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Holy.

its a close second, the thing i hate is that the hotkeys are different and for somebody who uses both it can get kind of annoying mixing up the two
BitTorrets are your friends. Pirate a copy of photoshop, find an image, and go filter crazy
Alright guys, I'm not looking for advice on software. I have a copy of both Illustrator and Photoshop. I'm more looking for tutorials on album art or general advice from people who've made their own before.
You want advice on how to make one? Seriously? Draw your music, how's that? Make a picture that represents your music. Or just go for a plain solid colour and a creative font.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by DanielQ
Alright guys, I'm not looking for advice on software. I have a copy of both Illustrator and Photoshop. I'm more looking for tutorials on album art or general advice from people who've made their own before.
be creative and make an interesting image that represents your music while grabbing the attention of listeners........?
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by DanielQ

Well I usually take a song that is very representative of the album (usually the title track if there is one) then I do a design based on that.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm