I have recently bought a fender strat. it came with 9 gauge strings. After i broke one, i switched them out for 10s. Now my bridge looks like it is constantly being pried with a whammy bar. The holes on the back where you put in the strings is not aligned with the plastic hole. I have no idea what is going on here.
Well you see .10s have more tension than the .9s you had before. So the .10s are pulling on the string harder and the bridge "looks like it is constantly being pried out with a whammy bar". What you have to do is, remove the backplate, Tighten the screws that are holding a metal plate which is pulling the springs away from your bridge. Don't over tighten cause then your tremolo is gonna be kinda stiff.
Quote by sum_ugly_man
Well you see .10s have more tension than the .9s you had before. So the .10s are pulling on the string harder and the bridge "looks like it is constantly being pried out with a whammy bar". What you have to do is, remove the backplate, Tighten the screws that are holding a metal plate which is pulling the springs away from your bridge. Don't over tighten cause then your tremolo is gonna be kinda stiff.

what's wrong with stiff trem? well i never use mine:P