Poll: Which One?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which One?
Super Champ XD
22 81%
AD30VT
5 19%
Voters: 27.
Have a fender mexican hss strat, play classic rock and blues. practice amp, need an amp which soudns good at low volumes, like in a dorm room.
Last edited by nikeshp at Apr 27, 2008,
Super Champ. I love my AD50, but get the Super Champ
Super champ all the way
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Super Champ XD.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
how does this sound at low volumes though? the ad30vt has the nice attenuator feature, and i heard this one might hum quite a bit.
Isn't the XD like mostly tube though?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
If you don't want as much volume get the Vibro Champ XD, a Super Champ but only 5 watts.
does the vibro sound better at low volumes than other 5w tube amps, like the epi vj or the fender champ 600?
Quote by nikeshp
does the vibro sound better at low volumes than other 5w tube amps, like the epi vj or the fender champ 600?

Because of the amp models and such you wont need to crank it to get overdriven tones (unless you have pedals)
super champ isnt that loud thou u just wont b able to fully crank it too often but the peaker in the vibro champs crap n only 8". Go super champ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aGMTrL0pGg almost convined me to buy it n wodve done if i dint get a better deal 2nd hand. Its a really nice amp
best signature ever
so would i be able to play it in my dorm room, without disturbign the kids across teh hall who are studying for a test?
SUPERCHAMP! I got rid of my ad30 after taking delivery of my scxd. Nearly as versatile but much better tone. As far as playing in my house, there is usually a sleeping kid and a nagging wife, and the scxd sounds just as good at lower volumes. Very happy with it.