Page 1 of 2
Well i've almost completed my band, but i can't help be a bit disappointed. I sort of wanted to mix things up a little, you know... Have maybe a girl or two in my band but thats just not the way things are gonna work out.
And not so I can... Get with them or anything but just to be different, all guys is so typical. That and i think they make good song writers, and there's a reason for that. I think i might remember seeing some program that said guys were... I think 10 % s...... HANG ON! Hang on... I'll say as little as possible so then I don't start battle of the sexes but i think they concentrate better, and i think... oh well...... You get the point, a variety of different skills and different apporachs is good, ill leave it at that, its ok, we're all equal... Let's not get off track here

But if i did have girls in my band, since im a teenager if i wanted to have a band practice... Or overnight practice type thing, my mum would be all like "Wear protection" and crap like that. And that would be... ummmm...awkward

ALSO, TALENT IS A FACTOR...of course

So share your opinions, experiences and thoughts about that.
Doesn't matter wether your an adult, or a girl, share opinions/experiences from an equalivent point of view
(you don't have to be in the exact same situation as me...)
Last edited by bloodchair at Apr 27, 2008,
...wait what?
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
What are you talking about? Are you asking for stories about having girls in bands?

If so, I don't have any, but I am absolutely insistent that the singer in my band be female.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Apr 27, 2008,
Oh noes!

Awkwardness! Run-away!

...welcome to real life buddy.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
A buddy of mine has a female keyboard player in his band. He sometimes wonders if he should kick her out. Stick to groupies.
Quote by bloodchair

And not so I can... Get with them or anything but just to be different, all guys is so typical.

Well with that logic, you shouldnt use instruments. SOO typical. And you cant have real people in your band...cuz like everyone does that. Also, start singing in a language you made up, because using a real official language is something only losers who are followers do.

Now you're ready to make some great music.
Depends on what music youre gona play
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Lookatthis97787.jpg[/img]
I have no idea what's going on......I would love to have some chicks in a band though. Since their brains work just a little differently than guys it would provide different writing perspectives, keeping the music fresh....and I love hanging out with girls...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Flying Couch
What are you talking about? Are you asking for stories about having girls in bands?

If so, I don't have any, but I am absolutely insistent that the singer in my band be female.
huh, really, like Nightwish?

NOt really a fan of them....
Quote by bloodchair

Hardly. *points to user title*
the bassist in my band is female.
We wanted to have her in our band because she was talented.
lol she gave me a handjob once though.
Quote by KingDev
A buddy of mine has a female keyboard player in his band. He sometimes wonders if he should kick her out. Stick to groupies.
Ha ha ha

So unnecessarily offensive...
Quote by bloodchair

Wrong band.

EDIT: Nevermind.

To make this post relevant, my parents don't tell me any of these things because I generally don't talk about my friends often.
Decide upon talent asshole.

Just because I'm not male doesn't mean I have creativity and innovation pouring out of me.

Besides, I work solo anyhow...
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by The Spoon
Well with that logic, you shouldnt use instruments. SOO typical. And you cant have real people in your band...cuz like everyone does that. Also, start singing in a language you made up, because using a real official language is something only losers who are followers do.

hmmmmmmm... my own language
*Thinks...*
Quote by Flying Couch

I was talking with some guys in another band about getting a chick singer and they said they'd had a chick singer a couple of times and would never ever do it again.
Quote by BladeSlinger
I have no idea what's going on......I would love to have some chicks in a band though. Since their brains work just a little differently than guys it would provide different writing perspectives, keeping the music fresh....and I love hanging out with girls...

EXACTLY

...10 points
Quote by The Spoon

What's wrong with your own language? Sigur Ros anyone? Magma anyone? nobody likes Zeuhl? I thought the idea of making up you're own language was to focus on singing as an instrument rather than a system to convey words. Why do you think choirs sing songs in other languages to crowds that clearly do not know it?

The rest i agree with though, except maybe the first one but thats a stretch. Electronica can get really weird when you get into that stuff.
Quote by Concisus

... *prepares Quagmire sounding voice*
I dont think they concentrate better.
If you want to do this bad enough you'll sit down and write record whatever.
If your proactive and really want it, it doesnt matter what sex your band members are.
Having said that i wouldnt like i female as a singer, because playing metal we'd just be lobbing into the Evanescance/Nightwish wanna-be category.

Edit: Also, I start mosh pits EVERYWHERE. ( i go to an all dudes school) And i couldnt do that if a chick was in the band coz id be afraid of breaking her bones.
Last edited by Blackvelvet at Apr 27, 2008,
Quote by bloodchair
hmmmmmmm... my own language
*Thinks...*
Sing only in Esperanto.

That might actually be pretty cool.
Quote by alaub1491
What's wrong with your own language? Sigur Ros anyone? Magma anyone? nobody likes Zeuhl? I thought the idea of making up you're own language was to focus on singing as an instrument rather than a system to convey words. Why do you think choirs sing songs in other languages to crowds that clearly do not know it?

The rest i agree with though, except maybe the first one but thats a stretch. Electronica can get really weird when you get into that stuff.

The entire post was sarcasm, thats why
LOLWALLOFTEXT

Seriously, dont get a female member just to have one. The best musicians should be in the band.
/SG/
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."
Quote by Blackvelvet
If your proactive and really want it, it doesnt matter what sex your band members are.
Having said that i wouldnt like i female as a singer, because playing metal we'd just be lobbing into the Evanescance/Nightwish wanna-be category.
hmmmmmm... True

But when a teacher gives instructions to the class, I look around and all the guys are just punching each other or something (girls to tend to do a fair share of talk and working though)
...And im no exception
Quote by The Spoon
The entire post was sarcasm, thats why

No... acutally it isn't

...-10 points
Quote by bloodchair
No... acutally it isn't

...-10 points

are you telling me that my own post wasnt sarcasm after i said it was?

Quote by Blackvelvet

Edit: Also, I start mosh pits EVERYWHERE. ( i go to an all dudes school) And i couldnt do that if a chick was in the band coz id be afraid of breaking her bones.

Girls hit puberty before boys/mature earlier than boys.

Girls don't always have to sing or be lead singers either. I get where TS is coming from, but like everyone else said, whatever the f uck ever.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by The Spoon

are you telling me that my own post wasnt sarcasm after i said it was?

oh, sorry

..see im slow in the head...sometimes

PS: my grades are actually pretty good
Quote by sSyLc
Girls hit puberty before boys/mature earlier than boys.

Girls don't always have to sing or be lead singers either. I get where TS is coming from, but like everyone else said, whatever the f uck ever.

huh? i thought guys hit puberty earlier
cause years ago, me and all the other guys always would talk about chicks all the time but whenever something sexual was mentioned all the girls would be like "ewwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!"

...some still are?!?...
Quote by bloodchair
hmmmmmm... True

But when a teacher gives instructions to the class, I look around and all the guys are just punching each other or something (girls to tend to do a fair share of talk and working though)
...And im no exception

Ok in a classroom situation i spose you'd be right.
Still there are alot of guys who want to learn theory and actually pay attention in music class (like me, musical is probably the only one i do listen in though)
Quote by Arthur Curry
don't recruit girls for the sake of recruiting girls. base it on actual talent.

True dat homeskillet...
Extispicy: Predicting The Future Though The Study Of Animal Entrails...
Quote by Concisus

Lolz
Epic.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Blackvelvet
Ok in a classroom situation i spose you'd be right.
Still there are alot of guys who want to learn theory and actually pay attention in music class (like me, musical is probably the only one i do listen in though)
on that, we can all agree
Don't decide based upon gender. If a girl is better than a guy at an instrument, pick her. If not, pick him. And edit the original post, it makes next to no sense.
Page 1 of 2