I've had a Carvin 727 for about a year now. It's a great guitar, but I'm having problems with the action. The bass strings (it's a 7 string, so I mean B-D) buzz like crazy when I hit the open notes. The second fret on the high E (F#) buzzes like mad as well. The worst problem is when I bend the 15th fret on the same string up a whole step, it buzzes so badly that the note doesn't even sound.

I had similar problems last fall and I got the guitar set up. The problem with the 15th fret was still there. I'm going to take it in for a setup soon, but I was wondering if these were problems that I could fix myself. I love the guitar to death, but it sounds like absolute **** right now. A lot of notes don't sustain as well they should either.
Maybe U2 wouldn't suck so hard if they stopped preaching and started rocking instead. Of course, that's difficult to do with Pantera holding a near monopoly on all things that rock.
-Maddox.
Have you tried raising the action at the bridge?

If you are new to guitar, setting it up is a very simple and essential procedure. While it would help, the guy who sets it up for you may not set it up how you would like it, and it will cost time and money.

To begin, what kind of bridge does your guitar have?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I've actually been playing for awhile. I just never wanted to **** up my guitar by messing around with it. As for the bridge, it's a hardtail.
Maybe U2 wouldn't suck so hard if they stopped preaching and started rocking instead. Of course, that's difficult to do with Pantera holding a near monopoly on all things that rock.
-Maddox.
Like a Gibson stop-tail bridge? Then all you need to do is turn the screws at each end counter clockwise, to raise up the bar that holds the saddles.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22

Quote by Axelfox
Well then get a small allen wrench and raise each saddle that holds the buzzing string.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22

Quote by Axelfox