Footprints by Tommy Emmanuel

and

Angelina by Tommy Emmanuel

and

Tall Fiddler by Tommy Emmanuel

I need to choose 2 of these for my music performances by the end of the year. This isn't another "which song should I play?" threads, I would just like to know which two of these would be marked the best if I played them well. I'm thinking Angelina and Tall Fiddler, because they're harder, but the people marking me aren't strictly guitarists, so I was thinking that footprints having such a nice melody would get me more marks. Before you say, "do something other than Tommy Emmanuel, I am doing another song, a rock song, but I don't know which one i should do yet.

Opinions?
Anyone who suggests you do something other than Tommy Emmanuel should be shot. He's a beautiful player.
Tall Fiddler almost has a comical sound about it, should go down well. My fav Tommy song is Night Sky from his Up From Down Under album.
Quote by Rajah
Anyone who suggests you do something other than Tommy Emmanuel should be shot. He's a beautiful player.
Tall Fiddler almost has a comical sound about it, should go down well. My fav Tommy song is Night Sky from his Up From Down Under album.

Indeed they should be, and indeed he is. But any idea which one of these three songs should I drop?
Awesome, he uses the same capo I do XD
Tall Fiddler is pretty intense. It's such a hard choice, but I think you might want to drop Footprints. It's a pretty song, but I like the others a bit better
Quote by RPGoof
Awesome, he uses the same capo I do XD
Tall Fiddler is pretty intense. It's such a hard choice, but I think you might want to drop Footprints. It's a pretty song, but I like the others a bit better

Yeah that's what I was leaning towards. Angelina sounds really nice, but is still technically challenging, whereas Footprints is fairly easy.
I reckon leave out Footprints. They are all great songs though. Tommy Emmanuel came to my school and played Winnie the Pooh.
The first 2 sound like the music played between scenes from 80's sitcoms like Cheers.

At any moment I expected "NORM!" to walk in.
Quote by freedoms_stain
The first 2 sound like the music played between scenes from 80's sitcoms like Cheers.

At any moment I expected "NORM!" to walk in.

I don't know what you mean. I just think they have beautiful melodies.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I know what cheers is, i've watched it before, but I just don't see how those songs would fit, anyway...which one do you think i should drop?
I liked the last one least.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I liked the last one least.

But do you think I'd be marked better on that than on others because it's hard to play?
Quote by fretsonfire74
But do you think I'd be marked better on that than on others because it's hard to play?
If you can nail the harder one go for it.

Do you know the marking criteria?

Usually with these things they give you a mark for difficulty and subtract for mistakes.

If something has a 10 difficulty and you lose 3 for mistakes you're better taking the 8 for difficulty that you nailed and lost nothing on.