the tone is terrible and they're massively overpriced.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
they're not TOO bad, they're just not worthy of gigging. for practice theyr'e alright. they're fairly unreliable and most people strongly dislike the tone.
well my friend has one and it isnt that bad to me but all we use it for is when its too late to use our big ass amps so we dont play that loud but i always wondered the same thing
i've got a mg halfstack that i haul around for practices, i use a digitech rp200, metal muff with a mxr 10 band in the loop and it doesn't sound that bad at all to be honest. i use the eq form the rp200 along with the amps eq and tweak it with the mxr. just my advice save a couple hundred extra and get a valveking, i think you would be happier in the long run.
I don't know, I've never played through one, and I'm not sure of any instances where I've heard one. I wouldn't be surprised if they sounded great, cause there seems to be quite a bit of anti-cube sentiment and I personaly think every one from the micro the 60 sound awesome...
Lol @ the thread title. Not only has this thread been done a few times recently, but the title is missing an integral word.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/

Because it sounds like it's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it's quite good. Don't plug guitar into it, just use it for hi fi if it works.

That said:

1. Use the search bar and all will be revealed.
2. It sounds fizzy and is overpriced.
I own a Marshall MG100DFX - and honestly i play threw this amp and then walk into a guitar shop and play Other amps- probably tube and the marshall gets slaughtered

Put it this way, Tube 30watt beats 100watt marshall- Save money anyone?
It ain't as horrible as everyone says. I use to have the MG100DFX combo, and while it wasn't anything special, it wasn't terrible. It takes a while to get used to, but it works. I've heard them in a gig situation and it works. There are many, many better amps out there and a few for the same or cheaper than what an MG would run new, but it isn't total ****.
It's all subjective,they bag on Spiders around here to but I see guys with 20 years of experience playing them and liking them. Just like all SS seems to be bagged here but I went into a local shop and this 60 year old blues player is jamming on a Kustom 12 gauge,he was playing slide like no tomarrow and it sounded beautiful! A Strat directly into the amp with no pedals! He bought 2. It turns out he is a teacher,well my new 1 also. The price is what I think most have a problem with but some could say that about Gibson also. You can get something to do the same thing for cheaper and maybe it does it better to. *note- I'm not bagging on Gibson or anything else. You pay for the name in these cases. People bag on stuff and have never used it,they just go along with the crowd
Gibson SG Std / Agile 3100 LP / MIJ Ash Strat
Ibanez TSA15>1x12(G12-65)
Orange OR15H>V212(Vet. 30/ET-65)
Quote by even deeper
ive heard no one likes these amps..and that "they suck"..

why

Play one, then play a similarly priced SS amp like the Vox Valvetronic or a Roland Cube and let your ears tell you why.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by fatboythin
Play one, then play a similarly priced SS amp like the Vox Valvetronic or a Roland Cube and let your ears tell you why.

I agree with this,it's more than they just suck
Gibson SG Std / Agile 3100 LP / MIJ Ash Strat
Ibanez TSA15>1x12(G12-65)
Orange OR15H>V212(Vet. 30/ET-65)
they are awful, people that like them might not have had the chance to try a better amp, if they did then im sure most of them would relise how bad they sound
Quote by fatboythin

+1

my friend has an MG, sounds like your running it through a broken OD pedal. ALL THE TIME!
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
Mate had one, he liked it and I didnt. It broke (like many MG's seem to do) so he got a blessing in disguise.

Then bought another Marshall

As said, I dont think theyre the be-all and end-all of **** amps on merit alone, but for the price you pay, they are LOL
Gear:
PRS Tremonti SE with PRS USA Tremonti pickups
2001 Ibanez RG470
Peavey Bandit 112
Fender Superchamp XD
USA Jackson SL1
I feel kinda funny about mine, i dont like playing through it for practice or gigs or anything like that. however when im recording i always find myself getting it out and micing it up, i dunno what it is but i like the tone i get through it when i use it with my epi LP.
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Taylor 12 String acoustic
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
Hughes And Kettner Trilogy w/ 4x12 HnK cab
People buy them because (like myself when I got mine) they're uneducated, see the Marshall name and think that it must be a good amp. In reality, they're towards the bottom of the pile for amps of a similar price, but for bedroom practicing, they're ok. The clean channel's quite good (although limited in terms of customising the sound), and the effects are decent. The OD is gash though.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
why do people not make threads with legible titles?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^I imagine they must be in a hurry to make the amazingly original thread before someone else comes up with it, and they make a few mistakes.

MY 10W practice amp is good enough, since I got it free years ago, and it has impressive volume for it's size.

The only other Marshall I had, I had a lot of trouble with the electronics (all the knobs stopped working).

But they replaced it (and I sold it straight away).
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
my mg10 was broken in 2 days.

quality contol sucks.
price is higher than it should be.
they cash in in marshall name, for a sub par amp.

wow, great thread.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Imo, the tone of the MG series really doesn't sound any better than some of the starter amps.
Your friendship is a fog, that disappears when the wind re-directs (YEAH!)
Im currently using one for home practise (My VK Is a bit too loud)

I have my pedals in front of it (Boss SD-1 from the 80s! Guvnor and a Crybaby) and i use the amps od channel for my metal stuff, with the od infront it sounds pretty good, but when you put the wah in also, the good breaks up and sounds a bit crap.

Theyre oaky, MASSIVELY Overpriced and unreliable (My frist one broke after 6 months, IE the OD channel packed in, sent it back and got a new one and some tshirts to make up for it >.<

But for practise, fine.
What I want to know is why the Cube 30 is praised so much. I think it's very overrated. The clean channel sucks and the only one worth mentioning is the R-Fier channel. What's the deal with this amp and why is it so popular?
Marshall mg's suck because theres soo much better amps to get for the price.Spiders arent that bad if your a starting musician though i prefer the vox valvetronix.

Quote by twisty571
It's all subjective,they bag on Spiders around here to but I see guys with 20 years of experience playing them and liking them. Just like all SS seems to be bagged here but I went into a local shop and this 60 year old blues player is jamming on a Kustom 12 gauge,he was playing slide like no tomarrow and it sounded beautiful! A Strat directly into the amp with no pedals! He bought 2. It turns out he is a teacher,well my new 1 also. The price is what I think most have a problem with but some could say that about Gibson also. You can get something to do the same thing for cheaper and maybe it does it better to. *note- I'm not bagging on Gibson or anything else. You pay for the name in these cases. People bag on stuff and have never used it,they just go along with the crowd

Totally agree with this...
People on here praise tubes like no tomorrow.Tubes arent suitable for all people.People who want to practice at low volumes dont need tube amps,yet everytime i come into a thread about someone requesting to reccomend them a nice practice amp someone comes in,or everyone comes in with "GET A VALVEKING!!There a good tube amp for the price solid states suck!!"

-_- i tried valvekings and i guess some people like them,but i dont.There overated amps.I much rather get a decent/good solid state than a cheap tube(aside from the palomino,but that just wont do my genre) Theres plenty of nice ss amps on ebay.Roland cube,which i dont like much anymore.Ampeg vh140c if you like death metal.marshall valvestate 8100 if you want some death tone.randall rg100 for that dimebag tone.roland jc for the cleans.line 6 flextone III for the versatility and effects.Vox valvetronix for the hard rock/cleans type guy.

I guess its just personal taste but not everyone needs tubes and theres some nice solid state amps out there.

What I want to know is why the Cube 30 is praised so much. I think it's very overrated. The clean channel sucks and the only one worth mentioning is the R-Fier channel. What's the deal with this amp and why is it so popular?

I have a microcube,ehh its nothing too special.I liked it at first but i got tired of the one tone knob thing.Now im using a toneport to practice.
i personally dont think mines terrible, but its always at low volumes.

it definitely is missing that key bite to its tone tho
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
It sounds like bees making the beast with two backs inside of a box full of nails...

That being said, people buy them as practice amps (Idk why, when Microcubes are the best practice amps for hard rock/metal).
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
does the job, and you can get some cool fuzzy distorsion if u work with it. not good for a straight forward metal sound, but makes for a cool botch sort of fuzzy sound, would make a good amp to A/B.
Last edited by Def at Apr 27, 2008,