Sorry for the nooby question guys.
But where on the specs do i look to find out if a guitar has a thick neck as opposed to a skinny Ibanez style neck? I thaught nut width as a good indicator but only a few guitars ive looked at on the net actually show what the nut width was in the specs section.
Helpzors?!
Now wide the fretboard is, dosn't really effect me that much.
The shape of the frets do.

The shape of the back of the neck dose a lot. i have an ovation
that i hardly play becuase after a while it hurts hand. It has a wierd
almost a v shape instead of a u shape

Depending on what series guitar you buy..the back of the neck
will have a different conture. Not just the brand name.
Check to see whether it's a C shaped neck or a D shaped neck. And if you can't find any specs, I guess you'd have to go by the type of guitar; if that makes sense.
C shape, V shape, D Shape, U, shape

Well why do you think they call them these... - Look at the actuall letters

To find them out on a guitar - alot of brands tend to stick too either 1 or 2 neck shapes
For instance, the Fenders tend to stick to C and U shapes- just look at other guitars with the same brand and look at the necks..
Nut width is absolutely no indicator of how thick a neck is. Gibson necks almost always have smaller nut width then Ibanez necks, but Ibanez necks are virtually always thinner than Gibson. It is a different measurement and does not have to have any relation to the neck shape or thickness. The Gibson Goddess SG has the same nut length as pretty much any other Gibson, but the neck is quite thinner.
Quote by PRS Eddie
C shape, V shape, D Shape, U, shape

Well why do you think they call them these... - Look at the actuall letters

To find them out on a guitar - alot of brands tend to stick too either 1 or 2 neck shapes
For instance, the Fenders tend to stick to C and U shapes- just look at other guitars with the same brand and look at the necks..

I thought Fender used C and V?
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.