ok guys...so i'm looknig for the perfect string guage for my ibanez...mainly for rock? but funky cleans are starting to grow over me..*my ibanez can handle it! S470 ftw!*

so what string guage would suit me best? .10s?

my guitar had .9s on it when i got it 2nd hand...and..i somehow could not do pick slides...is the guage the reason behind why i can't do pickslides? or is it b/c my settings are wrong?

sorry for the two questions...just give me a hand!
ernie ball hybrids i think there do you nicely
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
i really like this brand called snake oil brand (S.O.B.), i find that a nice .10 gauge of the rock strings usualy gets the job done quite nicely
the only problem with them is you can't buy them in stores, you've got to get them of their website, http://sobstrings.net/ , but in my opinion they are worth the extra hassle
if by "funky cleans" and "growing over me" you mean that you are starting to play funk-like music with a clean tone, then usually the lighter the string gauge the better. they give you more of a "pop" sound, fundamental for funk
^but what guage is inbetween funk and rock? so i can get a equal feed back from both genres of music...

so,.10s?
.10s would be the most ideal IMO. I really dislike the tone i get from .9s. Thats just me though.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
The thicker the strings the bigger tone you'll get out of your guitar. Thinner strings of course sound....thinner
Personally I'd try 10s then if you like that try 11s next, if thats too thick and difficult to play well then you know. They also make hybrids like 9-46. Just experiment and see which have the feel and tone you love best. Also try different brands too. Tons of people here rave about D'Addarios, but personally I never liked them at all. I love GHS Boomers 10-46. I tried different gauges and brands and love those the best for me so experiment.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by DSOTM80
The thicker the strings the bigger tone you'll get out of your guitar. Thinner strings of course sound....thinner
Personally I'd try 10s then if you like that try 11s next, if thats too thick and difficult to play well then you know. They also make hybrids like 9-46. Just experiment and see which have the feel and tone you love best. Also try different brands too. Tons of people here rave about D'Addarios, but personally I never liked them at all. I love GHS Boomers 10-46. I tried different gauges and brands and love those the best for me so experiment.

i would say 10's, i used to play GHS boomers iv tryed from 11's up to 13's(thats right they make 13's) but iv found 10's or 9's are best i also have discovered D'Addarios which i prefer to boomers although both are good
my gear
Cube 30
sammick strat rip off
schecter C-1 classic diamond series
Peavey JSX combo
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
A.G.E > grunge
Pick slide? Use the side of your pick Don't need any special settings
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst