So my old guitar teacher is one of the greatest young virtuiosos in the world...

the key to being a good musician is originality in all ways. This guy is not truly original, he just mixes a bunch of stuff into one heap. Beethoven was original, Tony Iommi was original, Syd Barrett was original. This guy imitates, point being... I don't know
Quote by farcry
the key to being a good musician is originality in all ways. This guy is not truly original, he just mixes a bunch of stuff into one heap. Beethoven was original, Tony Iommi was original, Syd Barrett was original. This guy imitates, point being... I don't know

And I suppose you can back up your talk with something YOU'VE done? Because unless you can match him, then you are worth less than the judgement you dish out
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
so you learned from one of the greatest young guitar virtuoso's ever? and you don't take lessons from him anymore!? if that is true then your an idiot for not continuing lessons with him.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

eh, meh, no offense but it just sounds like midi. there's really nothing there for me.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
why is this guy your old teacher and not curent? i just listened to his myspace stuff and daaem.
Last edited by thepatient002 at Apr 27, 2008,
gahhh all this fast metalyness and double-bass is making my head hurt
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by aradine
so you learned from one of the greatest young guitar virtuoso's ever? and you don't take lessons from him anymore!? if that is true then your an idiot for not continuing lessons with him.

He quit teaching to do stuff with his band,then he quit that to pursue his solo career
This is pretty good stuff, but the bassdrum sounds too triggered and annoying, even to my ears. The songs lack structure too, which is a shame.
Quote by TempoTantrum
And I suppose you can back up your talk with something YOU'VE done? Because unless you can match him, then you are worth less than the judgement you dish out

well then according to that logic you're not allowed to praise him either.

Anyway onto this guy, I think I probably don't know enough theory to understand his work completely. And I didn't listen to him for anywhere long enough to understand his music as much as I could.
Last edited by WaterPour at Apr 27, 2008,
Hot damn!

Not new, def. not "original" but god damn can he play, good layering techniques too (if the songs on his myspace were all written by him he must be a hell of a producer too to be able to write all that by himself....unless it was just the guitars that was him, either way!)

Good stuff

@Pingis: I seriously can't tell if some parts are using triggers, either way, there are some freakin amazing drums in parts of the songs he has up on myspace, no, this is not a flame , just making an observation =)
Last edited by cptazad at Apr 27, 2008,
Quote by TempoTantrum

I don't think it's a matter of skill. Critics criticize films, music, literture all the time. Simply because a person can't exceed in the same of skill doesn't mean they don't understand what they're talking about.

Now obviously the link shows a great gutiarist. However, I don't think it's at all original.
ok then thats fine, but i would kill to learn from someone of his caliber and above.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

Quote by WaterPour
well then according to that logic you're not allowed to praise him either.

how?

i just don't understand how you get off putting down a guy like that when in reality he has far surpassed you? do you think darth vader could put down luke, even though he failed miserably himself? (extreme analogy, obviously) now to be fair i don't know if the guy who put him down is any good or not, but judging by the age group around here, i'd say he's a hypocrite to put him down
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
i like it, it's not OMFG he is god great, but it's pretty cool.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by TempoTantrum

You're missing his point. The thread starter asked what people thought of it, and if he really is a virtuoso. He gave a comment about it. Are we not allowed to give opinions on things if we can't do them ourselves?
Quote by aradine
i wish i got disowned by my grandparents so i could stay home tommorow and fap.

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX

Amps:
Vox Valvetronix 30
Quote by t3h guitar n00b
You're missing his point. The thread starter asked what people thought of it, and if he really is a virtuoso. He gave a comment about it. Are we not allowed to give opinions on things if we can't do them ourselves?

Spot on there.
You just missed out one thing.
My question
Quote by cptazad
Hot damn!

Not new, def. not "original" but god damn can he play, good layering techniques too (if the songs on his myspace were all written by him he must be a hell of a producer too to be able to write all that by himself....unless it was just the guitars that was him, either way!)

Good stuff

@Pingis: I seriously can't tell if some parts are using triggers, either way, there are some freakin amazing drums in parts of the songs he has up on myspace, no, this is not a flame , just making an observation =)

Yeah the drums are good, I just dont like the SOUND of the bassdrum, at least on the song I listened to (yes, I based my opinion on one song, way to go).