so lately i've realized that my playing is not as clean as i thought....

say i play a scale up or down.. usualy when i hit the last note i can hear the other strings ringing ringing out slightly, so now im wonderin how do i practice to get rid of this?

ive heard that some players mute the strings while playing notes on their fretting hand while using their palm as well..........

anyone know exactly how this is done? and care to explain
Well basically, you use your picking hand to mute the strings you don't want ringing out. The best way to do this is rest the palm of your picking hand at around the bridge of the guitar at all times. As you play on higher or lower strings, you move your picking hand accordingly to cover and mute those strings you dont want ringing.

The fretting hand can also help mute strings too. This can be done using a finger that isn't fretting anything, but is just slightly touching the string.
You shouldn't really have that problem unless you're sweeping or pretty clumsy. If you're sweeping you can use that palm muting technique, but if you're just clumsy you should really just practice more and work on having a lighter touch with your fretting hand. I think.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Quote by ManInAClownSuit
You shouldn't really have that problem unless you're sweeping or pretty clumsy. If you're sweeping you can use that palm muting technique, but if you're just clumsy you should really just practice more and work on having a lighter touch with your fretting hand. I think.

I disagree. if you're playing with high gain, strings can easily make noise even with the lightest touch and they need to be kept dampened.
My bad then.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
You can mute with either hand, just do whatever is more comfortable with you. Some people lightly rest their palms to mute unwanted strings from making noise, i prefer using the tips of my fingers on my fretting hand when moving up/down a scale to mute the strings. Not really sure i explained it well enough, but thats basically how you do it. Practice muting them slowly first before you speed up.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30