I got the DD-20.
I love it
Love the delay
love the sound.
Love the loop..

Love everything.. except!

The fact that there's 4 presets, and theres only one pedal that can only go in increasing order!
For example, I was gigging today and theres this part where I have to switch from preset 1 to preset 3. and then back to one in increasing order.
You know how annoying that is??
Cause since I cant just choose the preset I want at the exact time, I get weird delays from presets 2 and 4 when I just want a direct, nice delay... like BAM!
But I always have to go 1...2...3...4...manual...1...2...3....4...manual... etc.
It is very uncomfortable in live situations where you need the part right away!
You guys know what I mean?

So I was wondering if theres a way to like, totally mod this or something so I can have a small pedal in the middle for the on/off
and the other two pedals can have the option of going left or right..

Or should i just buy the Line 6 DL4 modler
You could get a second delay pedal and set that up to be ready for certain parts of the songs. Otherwise I'd look into other delays.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Quote by LeeSympathetic
I got the DD-20.
I love it
Love the delay
love the sound.
Love the loop..

Love everything.. except!

The fact that there's 4 presets, and theres only one pedal that can only go in increasing order!
For example, I was gigging today and theres this part where I have to switch from preset 1 to preset 3. and then back to one in increasing order.
You know how annoying that is??
Cause since I cant just choose the preset I want at the exact time, I get weird delays from presets 2 and 4 when I just want a direct, nice delay... like BAM!
But I always have to go 1...2...3...4...manual...1...2...3....4...manual... etc.
It is very uncomfortable in live situations where you need the part right away!
You guys know what I mean?

So I was wondering if theres a way to like, totally mod this or something so I can have a small pedal in the middle for the on/off
and the other two pedals can have the option of going left or right..

Or should i just buy the Line 6 DL4 modler

you can attach an external footswitch. if you do so, you may be able to do what you wish.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
an ext footswitch?
like what?
I dont want a tap tempo or an exp pedal on this.

What kind of footshwitch allows me to switch to the presets i want?
The AB selecter perhaps?
http://lib.roland.co.jp/manual/en/dl_06-09806/DD-20_e1.pdf

Pages 14/15 (explains the modes) and 29 (explains how to set the modes). Change the mode to either 2 or 3, set delay time 1 as manual and delay time two as one of the presets, use the right pedal to switch between them.

Problem solved.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.