Well, i've never been the basketball person, until this year. I've started to learn basketball and really got into it.

I can shoot hoops fairly well, play defense alright-ish, but my trouble is getting past people, or play an offensive position, even in a 1 on 1 game. So is there any tips/tricks and effective basketball moves to just well... trick the defenders and get past them?

Forum Archives / About / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2006
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Point above and behind them and scream "OH MY GOD"

EDIT:

On topic, you ever tried the old "through the legs bounce" trick?

Try youtubing and stuff for tricks and methods.
Last edited by Slinov at Apr 27, 2008,
Tell them their mother fell down a manhole and they have to go to hospital.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
practise dribbling, particularly crossovers.
pivot moves can be handy
also hopefully ur offensive system will help u get free on offense sometimes
if ur big enough, post moves are always useful (drop step etc)
If your talkin bout transition, then you just need to be able to run faster, harder, and longer than the other guy, otherwise, crossovers re gereally the way to go, through the legs, or behind your back (with practice....lots of it).

If your posting up, the drop step is by far the most effective thing you can do, if you can pull a fake first (and sell it) it works a dream. Then youll need to work your reverse just in case. but get fit man, the only way to win is be able to last the longest playing your best...and scoring. But seriously, use your team, its not all about how fast you can run with the ball thats why its a team sport, passing transitions are MUCH faster and more effective. So is swinging the ball, get some movement, and you dont need any fancy tricks...but get fit anyway. peace.
My DeviantArt

Gear;

Vox AC50CPH
Framus FR 212 CB
Ibanez AF105
Ibanez RGT32FMSP
Line 6 DL4

If you have a camera or photography related question, i can help.

Quote by TooFast
I'd fuck the shit out of that dude.
in a team situation always post up, it's a sure fire way to score 12-16 points a game.

in one on one go through em, just show em your the bigger man.

this works for me cuz i'm big, for you small guys you better practice your dribbling.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...