Well i have a new guitar so i was thing of doing up my new one.

Some paint, new tuners, pickups.

What else? Ive had problems with the tone pots (well ... They just dont do anything) So would redoing re electronics do much?

Anything else i can do to it?
Quote by ze monsta
Pickups, Tuners, Bridge, Electronics. Depends how good a guitar it is though to be honest, if it was like £100/$200 you might as well get a new guitar, or amp.

It was 300 AUD.

It has a few alright features. The only problem is the bridge pickup and the tone controls. Oh its also made of plywood =P.

Ive been told its bassicly a squire...
Last edited by the_poison125 at Apr 27, 2008,
Quote by the_poison125
It was 300 AUD.

It has a few alright features. The only problem is the bridge pickup and the tone controls. Oh its also made of plywood =P.

Ive been told its bassicly a squire...

Plywood makes it worse than a squier... Don't bother upgrading it, it won't make a difference.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
I used to think the tone controls on mine didn't work, but the bridge pick up doesn't have a tone control. Try switching to the neck or middle pickup and then playing around with the tone controls. You might find they do actually work. As for pickups, I really love the Fender Cobalt noiseless pickups, but other people might disagree.
Quote by HeliuM
Plywood makes it worse than a squier... Don't bother upgrading it, it won't make a difference.

So what about some NON tone mods? Im gonna paint it. What else can i do then?
You could use it to mess about on. For example, see if you can pick up some dead cheap pick ups, or just fiddle about and see if you can learn about what goes where - ie; take it apart and put it back togehter again. Mess about, since it didn't cost you that much - that way, when it comes to customising a great guitar down the road you'll have an inkling of what you're doing.
Quote by Ultima2876
You could use it to mess about on. For example, see if you can pick up some dead cheap pick ups, or just fiddle about and see if you can learn about what goes where - ie; take it apart and put it back togehter again. Mess about, since it didn't cost you that much - that way, when it comes to customising a great guitar down the road you'll have an inkling of what you're doing.

Yea thats what i was thinking. This could be like a learning experiance so i can customize a better guitar later on.

Where could i get some DIRT CHEAP pickups?
Quote by lefthandman9876
jsut upgrade the hardware and stuff for better tuning stability and sustain

but if its made from plywood your pretty much screwed, itl sound crap whatever you put in it

Yeah its sounds awful. But like i said i just want to mess around a bit. Mostly for learning about guitar modding.
You can make your own pickups (look it up on google), paint it in a cool pattern, redo the electronics (just for practice), or smash it on stage and look cool.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
Quote by HeliuM
You can make your own pickups (look it up on google), paint it in a cool pattern, redo the electronics (just for practice), or smash it on stage and look cool.

Yea i saw that DIY pickup. The one with the magnets and the Popsicles sticks? Then the three hours of winding some wire?

Meh id rather buy a new set of realy cheep pickups.
First thing im gonna do. Paint it. White or a cream colour. What paint should i use?

I think i might make my own pickups for this but its gonna be a pain in the ass.