So i'm in the market for a new amp. I looked for an Orange Tiny Terror, Laney VC and LC's and I came across a Peavey Classic 30.
I want a nice crunchy overdrive for blues and (classic) rock, but I want it to be able to handle metal, maybe with an OD or something.
Would the Classic 30 be a good amp for my needs? If not, what do you advise in the price range of 700, maybe 800 euro?

Thanks
Hmmm well I reckon a VC30 with an OD would be a ggod choice, welltbh maybe even without one.
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
The Peavey Classic 30/50 gets alllllmost to metal if you turn the gain all the way up. If you use an OD, it should do metal no problem.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
It's all a matter of location.
If you're in the US, the Peavey is the better deal. If you're in Europe or places which Laneys can be found easily, go for a Laney.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i would go with the peavey classic 30
My rig:::::
Epiphone les paul standard
Peavey classic 30
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss DD-7
Metal Muff
I'm in Europa so I could get hold of a Laney. So out of these replies I assume a Laney is the best choice? Anyone has some other advises?

Also, I'm gonna use the amp for bedroom playing only, maybe jamming. Do you think I should get a 15-watt or should I go up to 30?
Yeah, since you are in the Netherlands, go for a laney.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
IYou may be buying for bedroom practice, but is it possible that you're going to be playing gigs in the future? If not, get a little 5W tube amp instead, 15-30W is far too much power. Personally, I find using a valve amp at home frustrating....so I usually just leave my gigging amp in the band lock-up and practice with modelling software.

If you do think gigging is a possiblity, 15 or 30 watts will be great, the Laney VC30 probably being the all-round most useful and cheap option.
^ Laney 15 watts are suprisingly manageable at home, and a 5 watt amp isn't much quieter
The only difference in the VC15 and VC30 is the wattage and the speaker. They both have 2 channels, reverb, FX-loop and I mean, 15 watts tube is enough to go over a drummer right?
So I think the VC15 is the smartest option, because it's not overpowered and also cheaper.
^ About that though, I'm not sure if an OD alone will allow it to do metal. You may need some form of EQ pedal to shape the sound more towards metal.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.