Page 1 of 2
What would you do if your girlfriend or some one really fit yopu wanted to go out with started saying you should start playing some really sad stuff that you REALLY did not want to play? (for example, Fallout Boy)
well my gf listens to what ever she can when ever she can shes not picky so im happy, yay, lol
The Minister of Zeppelinism
Pm The Heartbreaker to Join

Td_Nights- "She knows alot about sex, and you both play guitar?

Headstock Penetration?"
Play something similar that you do like.

One of my friends invited me to a jam session with my acoustic. She wanted to play some Simple Plan, I said let's do Story of the Year.

Make a compromise.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
i would say
"sorry, im straight"
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
This thread is almost as pathetic as your grasp of the English language.

EDIT: By which I mean, play the damn song and stop being an elitist.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I would say no, I don't want to play it.
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
I don't compromise and I play whatever I like. When partners start trying to get eachother to do stuff the other doesn't want or like the relationship will fail.
I've started playing flamenco about a year ago and I have nails on my right hand, she doesn't like it but hey it's my life and I can decide to do whatever I want with it. I can try and get her to stop sleeping 10 hours a day but I don't because it won't work and it's her decision and not mine.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
depends on one simple thing: how badly do you wanna get laid?
i mean learn a song or two, play them for the special somebody, nobody said you gotta bust out that crappy riff at band practice
i've SEEN a metal head play hey there delila (sp?) and he got laid (i didn't see the sex, i saw the playing lol) so you gotta just go for it, unless it's a really dumb crappy song, hey tehre delila is at least half decent
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by FretboardToAsh
I don't compromise and I play whatever I like. When partners start trying to get eachother to do stuff the other doesn't want or like the relationship will fail.
I've started playing flamenco about a year ago and I have nails on my right hand, she doesn't like it but hey it's my life and I can decide to do whatever I want with it. I can try and get her to stop sleeping 10 hours a day but I don't because it won't work and it's her decision and not mine.

She wants to be fingered painlessly.
Hey Meg.
Proud of you.
Learn some chick-pleasers and get your dick sucked. Its those sort of compromises I like.

Then start nailing her to the dulcet tones of slayer
Hahahaha, laugh at her and start playing 3kstr33m m3t4l shr3dz0r solo!
Seriously, be nice play the **** song and move on ;P
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
id ask what she was doin out of the kitchen.....

na but in all honestly i get that from girls, wanting 2 hear me play songs by crappy bands and i just say that i dont learn other peoples songs (which is true). If a girl wants me 2 play sumthing by a certain artist i just try to write a song in that style so it pleases them but so i also get the creative juices flowing.
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Taylor 12 String acoustic
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
Hughes And Kettner Trilogy w/ 4x12 HnK cab
if its my girlfriend, i'd spend the 2 minutes it takes to learn fall out boy and then move on
Quote by archerygenious
What would you do, if your son was at home
Cryin' all alone on the bedroom floor,
Cuz he's hungry,
And the only way to feed him,
Is to sleep with a man for a little bit of money,
And his daddy's gone,
Somewhere smokin' rock now, in and out of lock down,
I aint gotta job now, so for you this is just a good time,
But for me this is what I call life

Good question. I don't really know what I'd do.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
I would say, 'no'.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Fall Out Boy, sad?

Just say you don't like the music, and as said earlier in the thread compromise. Play her something with melody that isn't to heavy. In saying that I don't actually know your music taste, it'd be pretty hard to find a death metal riff that person into pop rock would like.
Just play the song then forget about it, no-one else needs to know about it...except us
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
dont do it. Just be nice and honest with her. Just say "i really dont like fall out boy" be nice, but be yourself.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
compromising is a good idea too. play Fade to black, Cemetery Gates, or Diary of a madman or something like that.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
keep your integrity
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
why not just play it
its only a song
if you dont play it because its fall out boy you need to grow up (:
Quote by Fuzzbox91
compromising is a good idea too. play Fade to black, Cemetery Gates, or Diary of a madman or something like that.

How is that a compromise?

If Metallica covered Sugar We're Going Down Swinging, I'd laugh my arse off.

A compromise would be more playing HIM, although how that's better than Fall Out Boy I have no idea.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
How is that a compromise?

If Metallica covered Sugar We're Going Down Swinging, I'd laugh my arse off.

A compromise would be more playing HIM, although how that's better than Fall Out Boy I have no idea.

Hey, some of us like HIM. Listen to something like Sleep Walking Past Hope, has some really cool guitar in it.

And it's easily a compromise if you are talking about the clean parts of those songs, lots of people I know who aren't into metal would like the clean parts in those songs.

And to Dannyboy1992, it's a matter of intergrity, it's similar to making a type of music just to get more fans, even if you don't like that type of music.
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
I'd tell her no, and to stop being so shallow.

Be shallow, it gives you a higher chance of getting some.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
Quote by PullTigerTail

Anyway, on topic- I'd just play it.

Just ask yourself- is it worth 3 minutes of playing something you don't like for 3 minutes of awkward, unsatisfying sex? It usually is.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I'd just play it. If I don't like a band I just don't listen to them. I don't hate them and make fun of them like many of you do. So really playing really is no big deal, plus the more songs someone learns the better.
www.youtube.com/jordan123x
you could always stop being close-minded and immature and try and listen to her music as well.

my boyfriend likes indie mainly, i like pretty much everything, but we manage to find stuff to listen to. it's called being mature enough to not feel the need to be "cool" by only professing to like one genre. i cannot stand people who slag off music they've never even heard just because it's "gay" or "sad" or "emo" or "not emotional enough" or "not technical enough" or "too slow" or "too fast" or "the lead singer has a moustache so they MUST suck".

seriously, it gets old really fast.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by PullTigerTail

That's why I have 2 hands numbnuts. Besides there are a lot more fun things you can do together if you get the idea.

edit:^If he doesn't like it he doesn't have to play it, if he's close minded then that's his problem and that wasn't what he asked. If someone asks you to do something you don't like don't do it. At least not if it's something as trivial as this.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Quote by rabidguitarist

Anyway, on topic- I'd just play it.

Just ask yourself- is it worth 3 minutes of playing something you don't like for 3 minutes of awkward, unsatisfying sex? It usually is.

I know, shocking isn't it.

Some people are just strange
Hey Meg.
Proud of you.
What would you do if your girlfriend or some one really fit yopu wanted to go out with started saying you should start playing some really sad stuff that you REALLY did not want to play? (for example, Fallout Boy)

Grow the **** up.

Shes not going to fall straight into your arms just because your band starts playing ****ty covers.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by FretboardToAsh
That's why I have 2 hands numbnuts. Besides there are a lot more fun things you can do together if you get the idea.

Watch your mouth, knobhead.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Learn some Erik Satie on guitar and you will be pleased by the wife.
Trust me
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by FretboardToAsh

edit:^If he doesn't like it he doesn't have to play it, if he's close minded then that's his problem and that wasn't what he asked. If someone asks you to do something you don't like don't do it. At least not if it's something as trivial as this.

Yes, my none existent balls are rather numb
Hey Meg.
Proud of you.
Quote by Regression
Hey, some of us like HIM. Listen to something like Sleep Walking Past Hope, has some really cool guitar in it.

And it's easily a compromise if you are talking about the clean parts of those songs, lots of people I know who aren't into metal would like the clean parts in those songs.

I actually don't mind HIM, they're reasonably good performers. I saw them support Metallica and the crowd slaughtered them, which I thought was a bit harsh, but it was also really funny to see people do a conga line to Bullet With Butterfly Wings...

And I know it's a compromise, that's why I suggested it, but I'm guessing TS won't do it.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Meh, my girlfriend likes all music. She proved it to me by listening to 'Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence' from beginning to end. I was one happy guy that day! (That's a 42:00 song, boi!)
This has never actually happened to me, I was only wondering what most of you would do.

And also I only used Fallout Boy as an example as a lot of people hear don't seem to like playing there stuff, no offense to anyone who does like them loads, I like them quite a lot myself, it's just most of there die hard fans I despise!
Page 1 of 2