I'm working on bending a casio PT-80, and roland cr-1000 drum machine. The batteries just keep on getting worn down way to fast, and it is costing me more money in batteries than anything else. Is there anyway I can hook some sort of power supply up to these things that only emmits low volts so I don't get shocked? I heard that bending while plugged into the wall with an AC adapter is not safe, so I'm really at a stalemate here.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Well that is the problem I can NOT plug into the wall. I'm talking like a rechargable power supply that maybe I can alligator clip to the pos. and neg. wires running to the batteries.
Quote by ottoavist

Last edited by freshtunes at Apr 27, 2008,
Couldn't you just buy rechargeable batteries?
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
Because of possible serious shock.
Quote by ottoavist

you can buy a DC power supply... all you have to do is plug it in, set the voltage/amps, then connect it to the power leads on the stuff you want to power.
Dude, you aren't gonna get shocked with any DC power supply (unless you stick it to your tounge). Using a 'rechargeable power supply that can be connected with clips' (if such a thing even exists) is exactly like using rechargeable batteries. Just use a wall-wart. It's not gonna hurt you.
Quote by Invader Jim
Dude, you aren't gonna get shocked with any DC power supply (unless you stick it to your tounge). Using a 'rechargeable power supply that can be connected with clips' (if such a thing even exists) is exactly like using rechargeable batteries. Just use a wall-wart. It's not gonna hurt you.

+1

plus, the voltage would be a really small amount (probably 12V or less) so unless your and idiot about it and set the thing for something like 50V itll almost tickle if you get hit with it
So I just finished the first bend on it. It is a switch which takes the hi-hat out of the rhythm and adds static to the keyboard when it is played. This week I will be adding in more stuff, as well as a seperate container for mounting the controls, as I do not want to drill into the keyboard. Here is a link to a quick video I made...(note this is not a performance just a quick demo) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s35ll63tFNM
Quote by ottoavist