I am looking into getting new pickups and I have a question? I really really like the Evolution pickups but I hear if you haven't been playing that long it is not for you. I have only been playing for about 2 years. I understand it is because they are so responsive. I just figured it would force you to clean up your playing instead of making it worse. IS this true? Should I get these pickups or hold out and get them later?

Thanks alot for any input.
Why would you want to play worse? Anyone who can't make them sound decent is a crap player, pure and simple. I had been playing half a year when I got evos and they just made me sound better.
I think they'd be great for cleaning up your playing. When I switched to EMGs, the higher output made me realise how sloppy my playing actually was and now my muting technique has improved alot.
Whoever said you shouldn't buy them if you haven't been playing long probably meant less than a year, while you're still getting used to the guitar.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Xboxman121
I really really like the Evolution pickups but I hear if you haven't been playing that long it is not for you

That's perpostorous... 2 years doesn't mean you can't have decent pickups, who knows you could sound amazing lol

but yeah, the DiMarzio's will be much clearer, thus the pickups will pick up more fret noise, ambient noise, hand movement over strings and such.

But on the other hand it should make it easier to get that sought after tone, or hit that sweet spot....
Quote by Xboxman121
I am looking into getting new pickups and I have a question? I really really like the Evolution pickups but I hear if you haven't been playing that long it is not for you. I have only been playing for about 2 years. I understand it is because they are so responsive. I just figured it would force you to clean up your playing instead of making it worse. IS this true? Should I get these pickups or hold out and get them later?

Thanks alot for any input.

What amp have you got, what guitar have you got and what makes you think you want Evos?

What is it about your tone you don't like and how would you like it to change?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I have a Ibanez S and a Randall G3 Amp (Partial Tube). I am changing the stock pickups and really like the range and versatility of the evolution pickup. I play metal and I like harmonics and smooth solos also. All of which the evolution pickups offer.
Quote by Xboxman121
I have a Ibanez S and a Randall G3 Amp (Partial Tube). I am changing the stock pickups and really like the range and versatility of the evolution pickup. I play metal and I like harmonics and smooth solos also. All of which the evolution pickups offer.

I'm not familiar with your amp but I assume it's half-decent, but in all honesty that didn't tell me anything....you just sound like a marketing executive with a press release from Dimarzio

Evos aren't particularly versatile and they're not particularly good for metal - they're out and out shred pickups. They're also not particularly "smooth", they're kind of brittle sounding due to the emphasis on the high end frequencies.

you'd be better off with a pair of Breeds.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com