I've been looking at the Yamaha BB414 on some of the stores online. It looks pretty cool. Anyone on here have one or has had one? What's your "take" on it? Thanks, info and feedback is appreciated.
Fender Geddy Lee, Precision (MIA), Fender Standard Jazz, Ibanez SR700, GK MB210 combo, GK 210MBE
I think it's pretty ugly to be honest. Just my opinion though, and bass's cn have some pretty radical stuff.
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/

That really should go in the stickies. There are more bass reviews there than there ever will be over here. The Yamaha in question got good reviews there.
Quote by IndianRockStar
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/

That really should go in the stickies. There are more bass reviews there than there ever will be over here. The Yamaha in question got good reviews there.

Thanks RockStar....sorry, I should have looked at the reviews.
Fender Geddy Lee, Precision (MIA), Fender Standard Jazz, Ibanez SR700, GK MB210 combo, GK 210MBE
I think it's pretty ugly, and I don't particuarlly like the sound of it.
I've never played one though, so I can't comment on that.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
I did see a review on Bass Player website and it got pretty good marks.
It's decent. My buddy has one. I'd put it on the level of MIM basses. It sounds awful, but that's because he can't EQ for ****. Plus, he's so overprotective he won't let me play it, so I don't know if it can achieve a good tone. To be honest, there are better basses out there, especially considering you already own two better basses.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
It's decent. My buddy has one. I'd put it on the level of MIM basses. It sounds awful, but that's because he can't EQ for ****. Plus, he's so overprotective he won't let me play it, so I don't know if it can achieve a good tone. To be honest, there are better basses out there, especially considering you already own two better basses.

Yeah, I do have a Geddy that's sounds real good. The standard jazz is MIM but to me it sounds all right, it's a '92 cheapo I got off Ebay for about $165. I also have an Ibanez BTB400QM which has good tone too, $200 off Ebay.
I was just thinking about the BB414 just to have a Yamaha and I like that model because of the headstock.
I've played a few of them. They're a bit heavy, and have a very solid workmanlike feel. The sound is pretty similar to a P, as you'd probably guess.
I think they look as ugly as sin but I've heard very good reviews of them.
signature
One of my friends plays one and I like the tone he has. Everyone I talk to that plays the BB series says that they are good, solid basses. I personally would like to get one in a 5 or 6 string version.
In my opinion, the bridge pickup is far, far, far too thin sounding to be solo'd. Other than that, I found it to be quite solid, if not straightforward. I do, however, think the pie-plate-with-lopsided-horns body style is a bit silly.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..