i dont get it, ive been on UG for a bit now and i love it. but everyone once in a while i see someone quote someone and put "+1". what is that?
Quote by O-52-A-50-R
+1 is basically like an agreement. So if you said something I liked or agreed with I'd write +1. There's isn't much logic to it.

+1
No endeavour rivals science in its incremental progress towards a more complete understanding of the observable universe.
Quote by O-52-A-50-R
+1 is basically like an agreement. So if you said something I liked or agreed with I'd write +1. There's isn't much logic to it.

+1

sorry i had too but yeah he s right
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
its seconding something. Like, yes, you're indeed correct, i give this answer another point.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Quote by O-52-A-50-R
There's logic to it, but it isn't well defined.
Quote by muse-ik
its seconding something. Like, yes, you're indeed correct, i give this answer another point.
That's one good definition. Another would be:
Yes, you're indeed correct. Add one more to the list of people who agree.

Neither of these, or any of the others are THE definitive explanation of what +1 means. Shorthand like that gets different variations of the basic meaning associated with it over time. But the one part that's constant is: I agree!
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.