Hi everyone!

I have a peavey valveking 112. I'm not too impressed with the stock speaker and I'm thinking of getting a new one. All the posts I've read about changing the speaker in valvekings seem to reccomend Celestion vintage 30's, but I also read that they're more of a metal speaker. I'm more of a blues man, the heaviest I'd go would be guns n roses or metallica, but I don't play metal too often, so a more bluesy tone is what I'm after.

Recommendations please
Cheers!
Well, if you want to know what a vintage 30 sounds like, there are several raw sounds in my profile detailing different genres. The only effect I used was reverb.

See my sig for the thread.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Well, if you want to know what a vintage 30 sounds like, there are several raw sounds in my profile detailing different genres. The only effect I used was reverb.

See my sig for the thread.

Cool man, cheers for that! Yeah it actually sounds like a pretty verssatile speaker, I was just hesitant cos all the recommendations seem to say to get it if you play one of the many genres that end in -core.

Thanks again!
problem is with celestion, most of their more vintage-sounding speakers aren't rated for a high enough wattage.

eminence is probably worth a look, but i'm not too familiar with them...

a v30 is pretty versatile, but it's also definitely aimed more at high gain. bit like when people say engls are versatile, they mean for a high gain amp. much like with the v30, it's versatile for a modern speaker. i'd be looking elsewhere for what you want, to be honest.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I would go for an Eminence.

For vintage tone, a Private Jack or The Wizard would be ideal.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.