So I got my friend interested on tube amps and he was planning on buying either a Palomino v32 (used) valveking (used) or a BH 5watt

He's only gonna use it in his bedroom/living room, and he wanted to know which one of those 3 wouldn't be so loud.

I didn't know what to tell him, xcept that the BH would be really loud, but what about the palomino? or the VK? wouldn't that be killer for him?
exactly, i would personally get the BH because those things with good old heavy distortion pedals are freaking amazing
Volume is just a setting that could be easily adjusted for any of those amps. If you don't want it to be loud, TURN IT DOWN!

Go for the one that sounds the best for the money.

well tube amps are pretty loud as it is but yeah just turn the volume to whatever you want it to be. If he's buying a tube amp you should think more about just the whole living room thing, i mean you could get a pretty solid tube amp that would be good for practice thats also not a behemoth that he could take to small gigs if he also decides
So if he wants dist. without having to crank the BH, I guess he'll have to buy a pedal too.

ok thanks