I have a question for those who play elixirs: Do you break the G string a lot? I recently switched to elixirs on my Breedlove and I keep breaking the G string like every week or two. I've never broken other brands strings on this guitar, so I'm sorta curious to see if this is an elixir only thing. I guess if it isn't i might need to have my saddle checked or something. Thanks for the help.
---Epiphone Les Paul Studio---
---Roland Cube 30---
www.myspace.com/themusicofchris

~I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen. Not only because I see it, but because I see everything by it. -- C.S. Lewis~
Whoa, I expect more from them. I know I broke a string (different brand though) within a few days, told the guy at GC and he just gave me a free set. I'd really check to see if it's your guitar. Could be the saddle, or the tuners. I break my high e mostly, but with that brand it takes a month or two if I don't change 'em.
My elixirs are just fine! Maybe it's your nut or your bridge?
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
I'm gonna look at my saddle today to see if there's a burr or something there. The string breaks on the saddle (same spot twice). Anyways, i'm still sorta disappointed in them. I played Martin +'s for like 2 months without them breaking. I'd go back, but I really do like the sound of the elixirs.
---Epiphone Les Paul Studio---
---Roland Cube 30---
www.myspace.com/themusicofchris

~I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen. Not only because I see it, but because I see everything by it. -- C.S. Lewis~
elixer g strings popping is a fairly common accurance for some poeple chsck to make sure there are no burrs on the nut and saddle and the nut slots cut to right depth/width. are you breaking the strings in the same place every time? do you only break string when you dig in and strum hard ? do you use a lot of varied tunings ?
i no from personal experience elixer will send you g strings to replace the ones broken it just sux waiting for them to be shipped. ino people that play them and never pop them i no people that put on g strings from other brands to complete the set before a gig because they know theyll break them.

funny thing is i heard elixer buys there strings from daddario and applies the coating after the fact funny no one ever says i have been popping daddario g strings maybe i am misinformed

check saddle nut and strumming pattern maybe you will find your problem and rectify it good luck.
Try using some heavier strings if you're using lights.
Guild GAD-40C w/ PWM pickup
Martin 000-16GT
Washburn D10s-12
Fender Jimmie Vaughan Strat
Schecter C-1+ (For SALE!)
Epiphone G-400 Ltd. w/ EMG's
i dono but my last set was elixer lights and its been fine .. and i love the way they sound and feel .. i have had it for three weeks and its been fine
Just like Welsh said, I've neverh ad problem with elixir strings. They'reo ne of the bst strings out there right now. Try checking the nut or bridge.
Thread Starter - I had the EXACT same problem and my G was breaking at the exact some spot. No burrs or problems otherwise on my bridge.

I changed to EMP Cleartones and my problem is gone. Too bad - I really like the the Elixirs, but I am done with them because of this issue.
I've had a set of elixirs on my guitar for about a month? maybe closer to two, and I haven't had the same problem. What kind of playing are you guys doing when they break? I can be a pretty hard strummer at times and mine are still okay.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Mine have always broken under "heavier" strumming - but I don't strum that hard, and use a nylon .47 pick, so it should not be simply my strumming that causes the problem... I must have busted 4 or 5 G's just liked described... The new strings have been on a month or so and I have played them alot - even tried to do a lot of heavy strumming on purpose to see if I get a repeat result. None so far...
^ Thats interesting. I play a .88 tortex pick and never have the problem. But really, I'm not sure I've ever broken a string playing. So maybe I'm not a good test subject anyways.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.