I was wondering what a good MIDI foot controller would be that can switch the channels on the ENGL e530 and also to switch presets on the TC Electronic G-Force (when I get one at some point)

[-Oh by the way, I chose to get the TC G-Force instead of the G-Major since I read better reviews on the G-Force. But it's gonna take me longer to save up ]
Ibanez RG2570e
Epiphone Les Paul Standard

Peavey VK112

Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-7
Digitech Multi Chorus
Man I had a g-major...They are outstanding...many of the effects are the same as the g-force but at a much lower price. I sold it because I hardly use effects but you could save a fortune and still be more than happy.

If you want a quality midi floor board I would recommend the Ground Control by Voodoo lab. Its top notch and used by many a pro.

Another option would be to get the G-system by TC Electronics. It is floor based but u can rack mount the LCD screen part of it if u want and use the pedal board half on the ground as a midi controller. It's meant to be amazing and I think its about the same price as the g-force....maybe slightly less.

Cheers!
This is a lie...no reason why...right from the outset
The main difference between the Gmaj and Gforce is that the force has a pretty intelligent harmoniser, but fundamentally they are the same effects, maybe with just less parameters. Can i just ask what power amp you plan to run the ENGL through?
I thought the E530 wasn't midi controllable without converters?

But as for midi controllers, i know people who swear by the Behringer FCB model as it's just so easy to use and really reliable. Then again there is always the Ground control, but for what you need it for it may be overkill, people tend to use the ground control when they're controlling their entire midi setup through it.
Ho ho hoooooo!

I think that the G-System would be a much better idea since I would save money on a MIDI foot controller and just get a foot-switch for the preamp

About using a power-amp with it..I'm going to use it in the RETURN input in the effects loop of my amp until my amp craps out (it might be a while since I got my amp like 2 years ago and there will probably be tube changing needed soon), THEN I am going to get probably an Engl or VHT power-amp and a nice cabinet to go with it (hopefully a Mesa 2 x 12)
Ibanez RG2570e

Peavey VK112

Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-7
Digitech Multi Chorus
Last edited by DarK1332 at Apr 27, 2008,
Yeah that seems like a pretty sound way of ordering things, i mean you could potentially midi map your floorboard to control your amp as well, but it would be so much less hassle just to buy a standard 2 button ENGL foot switch for it.

And the g system is a very solid unit, should be able to get you the sounds you need quite easily.
The main difference between the G-Force & G-Major is that on the Major you're fixed to presets while in the G-Force you can tweak about every effect and put them in any order you want, and save them. It also has a better EQ, a few more effects and digital I/O. So the G-Force is better suited for studio's, while the G-Major is best for live or daily use
The quality of the effects is about the same on both units.
I've also heard a few bad things about the G-System, the effects are lower quality than the G-Force.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GJQYBNDvejw

This video is one of the reasons that I am sticking with the G-System.

I LOVE those effects Mr. Cooper demonstrates

And also I read something from a guy that owned for the G-Force and the G-System on TC Electronic forums.

Here it is:

"I 've actually had both the G-Force and G-System - and for a few months, had them at the same time. I owned the G-Force for about 7 years and the G-Sys for about 2 years. I did some comparisons between the effects and i have to say that they are identical quality. There was no audible difference between the 2 for the effects I tested and one of them was the delay.
The difference is that he G-Force has some more effect parameters. If you have the G-Force though, you need a MIDI Footswitch, and I've had the Behringer and Lexicon ones. Depending on how complex your set-up is and if you want to do amp channel switching and if you have pedals, they can be done using these controllers. The problem is that it can be frustrating, tedious, and when you want to change things around later, alot of times you totally forget how to do it and it discourages you from changing it. The controllers also have some limitations when you want some buttons to be momentary and other to be latching or when you want some to control effects and others to control programs (you have to hit a button to switch "modes"). This is really the biggest concern with not having a G-System.
The advantage of the G-System is that it's an all in one solution that allows you to EASILY incorporate external pedals, amp channel switching, etc. and has G-Force quality effects. I had both at the same time and have since sold my G-Force and kept the G-System. I can't imagine not having the G-System. You will not regret owning one. Also, an advantage of the G-System over the G-Force is when using the 4 cable method because it allows certain effects to be placed before the amp and other effects after the amp.
Oh-- as far as affecting your amp tone, both are the same - they will not affect your tone as long as you set them up properly. The G-Force has a bypass button but I had it set up so that it was not needed - it was transparent! Same with the G-System, only the G-System has no bypass button). You just have to adjust the input and output levels as well as the boost and loop levels. It takes a little time but it works. People that say that it takes away from your tone just have failed to set it up properly.
My recommendation, without thinking twice is to get the G-System unless you prefer programming MIDI foot controllers."

And the other reason is because Steve Vai uses it. I really like his effects too
Ibanez RG2570e

Peavey VK112

Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-7
Digitech Multi Chorus
If you want to change the channels and stuff on your preamp via midi, youi can use the relay function on the G-Major (if you get it). But if you get the G-force, you'll have to find other ways. Maybe an Axess CFX4? For a controller for a small rack setup I'd say the Behringer one mentioned before.
These go to eleven...