If I were to buy a phone off craigs list how would I transfer my service over to the new phone? Because on my old phone i've got unlimited texting, and other things on my plan. I'm not really sure what to do because i've never done this before. Anyone know how to do it?
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
If it's on the same company you switch out SIM cards, (I think that's what they're called)
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail
BBE Sonic-Stomp Sonic Maximizer.

Member #24 of the EHX Guild
It doesn't even have to be from the same company I believe. As long as its GSM and takes SIM card. You should e-mail the guy and ask him if he bought it unlocked.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
It doesn't even have to be from the same company I believe. As long as its GSM and takes SIM card. You should e-mail the guy and ask him if he bought it unlocked.

+1, exactly.
However, if you're unlucky like me, and you have CDMA like Verizon, then things get complicated.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
Even if it's locked to a network there are ways to use your own simcard in it. Search google for you phone model and ways to unlock networks on it. I know it works cause I have a Samsung e900 that is locked to Orange but I found a site that showed me how to unlock it and I use my Vodafone sim in it with no problems. Though if I turn the phone off I have to re-enter the unlocking code to have my Vodafone sim work.
I was talking to the guy who I want to buy the phone from, and I asked him for the esn number just so I can check to make sure its not stolen, or lost. He said that he doesn't want to give out the esn number because it can be cloned. Is that true, or is he lying so he can sell the phone?

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
I actually looked up esn cloning on google, and I guess it does happen a lot. So I can understand why he would be worried about it.

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god