Well, I think I'm going to start customizing my gear now, or at least experiment with the prospect of working my "magic."

However, I really have no idea where to go with this. Hence the title.

Anyone got any suggestions as to where I could take this thing?

Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
My superstrat ended up like this after a bit of sanding, ageing, staining & I made a pickguard.

The idea of staining it didnt cross my mind until I was sanding. If you're sure you want to do it, just plunge in!

Add a killswitch, coil tap the humbucker and add another tone and volume knob.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Cultlife
My superstrat ended up like this after a bit of sanding, ageing, staining & I made a pickguard.

Wow, that finish looks outstanding, what sort of wood is that? Also, does the headstock say Aria? If so I'll have to look into them.
I'm guitarded when it comes to this stuff. How would I go about staining it? If I'm not mistaken, the guitar is alder.

I was also thinking of adding new pickups, wiring, pots, etc.

I want a "natural look," I'm not going to paint it once I sand it. There's a bit of a problem though, how would I go about removing the wiring? As you can see in the pick, there is no cavity for this. Perhaps it's directly under the pickups? I was thinking of sanding down the headstock too, and maybe naming it.

How would I go about preserving it after sanding it? I don't want it to start to rot. Is there a lacquer I use? What's the best?

I'm asking a lot of questions. =\
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Last edited by Colgate Total at Apr 27, 2008,
Quote by guitar/bass76
Wow, that finish looks outstanding, what sort of wood is that? Also, does the headstock say Aria? If so I'll have to look into them.

I'm pretty sure the guitar's alder with a maple top, when i put the stain on I was shocked at how much it popped out.

Yeah, it's aria - I'd definitely recommend a look into their stuff, apart from the pickups they're generally awesome, and cost next to nothing.