Poll: As far as you know, what is more harmful: Marijuana or Alcohol?
Poll Options
View poll results: As far as you know, what is more harmful: Marijuana or Alcohol?
Marijuana
39 10%
Alcohol
361 90%
Voters: 400.
Page 1 of 7
EDIT: Show your support!

If you're in America and want marijuana to be decriminalized show your support HERE!

http://www.washingtonwatch.com/bills/show/110_HR_5843.html

Overview:
H.R. 5843 is described as an "Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults". The bill has been introduced by US Congressman Barney Frank (D-MA) and co-sponsored by US Presidential candidate Ron Paul (R-TX). If passed, this legislation would legalize the possession, use and non-for-profit of up to 100 grams (3.5 ounces) of Marijuana. Under this legislation, adults who consume Marijuana would no longer face arrest, prison or civil fines.

This bill will not affect federal laws prohibiting the sale of Marijuana for profit, nor the import, export and cultivation of Marijuana. It will also not alter the legal status of Marijuana as a Schedule 1 drug according to the Controlled Substances Act.

I believe this is fantastic news, if the Act is actually accepted. Finally society seems to be moving forward. Kind of.

EDIT: This is especially interesting because, as far as I know, marijuana was first made illegal in, you guessed it, AMERICA!
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
Last edited by JamesDouglas at Apr 29, 2008,
You druggies will deserve to die as you are all criminals who kill for money for more drugs.

/atypical ignorance

EDIT: I'll doubt it gets passed, but it's interesting. I'd be cool to see how it works out and how it affects drug use as a whole.
Yes because the most important issue in society today is the legal recreational use of drugs.
Quote by ThePeacefrog
Yes because the most important issue in society today is the legal recreational use of drugs.

EXACTLY!

If this Act is passed the police and government would be able to focus their efforts and money on more important things than me smoking a joint.

Get it?
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
Quote by JamesDouglas
EXACTLY!

If this Act is passed the police and government would be able to focus their efforts and money on more important things than me smoking a joint.

Get it?

This is stupid. Its not going to pass. Im sick of hearing about this. Im sick so I'm not in a great mood, but still.
Quote by ThePeacefrog

Bringing criminals in for using these drugs costs time and money which could be spent else where on more important things. The flip side is that it could lead more people to smoke it, and therefore more people to end up doing harder drugs (don't give me that 'not all cannabis smokers are hard drug users crap, I know that, and it is a general fact that most hard drug users start smoking cannabis before anything else which is illegal...).
I won't hold my breath. But it is a step in the right direction.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by Craigo
Bringing criminals in for using these drugs costs time and money which could be spent else where on more important things. The flip side is that it could lead more people to smoke it, and therefore more people to end up doing harder drugs (don't give me that 'not all cannabis smokers are hard drug users crap, I know that, and it is a general fact that most hard drug users start smoking cannabis before anything else which is illegal...).

Wait are you agreeing with me or not. I'm saying this is a worthless issue.
i dont think they should really decriminalize it.......but they shouldnt put people in jail for pot...it needs to be a citation offense....like underage smoking or speeding....that way theres still incentive not to do it, the jails become less crowded, and the government can still make money off of it.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Quote by ThePeacefrog
This is stupid. Its not going to pass. Im sick of hearing about this. Im sick so I'm not in a great mood, but still.

If it doesn't pass it's because of lazy-ass morons like you sitting at home doing nothing except saying "this isn't going to pass, grunt grunt, this is stupid, grunt grunt."

How about laying down an actual argument as opposed to just calling it stupid?
Quote by JamesDouglas
If it doesn't pass it's because of lazy-ass morons like you sitting at home doing nothing except saying "this isn't going to pass, grunt grunt, this is stupid, grunt grunt."

How about laying down an actual argument as opposed to just calling it stupid?

It's pot. I don't care. It's illegal now. This is so un-important doesn't need an argument.
ive noticed almost all ( i say almost all because there has to be exceptions) people who want marijauna legalized are pretty young or stupid or both
Quote by RU Experienced?

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

it won't pass, but it's cool that they are pushing for it.

and, ThePeacefrog, stop and think about how much of our tax dollars are being spent on petty bull**** like marijuana prohibition - people in prison, people in "rehab", ect...
Not the MOST important issue, but jail time for petty crimes seems pretty important to me......

hmmmm, how much does it cost tax payers to hold a prisoner?
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Quote by Craigo

Many people are led on to harder drugs because they get the pot from drug dealers who offer them harder drugs when all they want is pot. If it was sold legally that problem would disappear.
I find it a bit ironic how this bill I've heard about was after Harold and Kumar and they portrayed George W. Bush as a pothead who just has crazies around him and how his dad would be disappointed if he legalized drugs.

But we'll see I doubt it'll get passed. Even though I believe in Drug Legalization.
This doesnt have a chance. it is (for america anyway) an extreamist view proposed by a libertarian (who switched to republicaian to run for president) politician.
Quote by JamesDouglas
Many people are led on to harder drugs because they get the pot from drug dealers who offer them harder drugs when all they want is pot. If it was sold legally that problem would disappear.

Ok.
Quote by ThePeacefrog

Well, it prosecution over such little things as marijuana is a waste. It wastes money and effort. It also puts people in jail who really don't need to be.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
Quote by abdulalhazred
ive noticed almost all ( i say almost all because there has to be exceptions) people who want marijauna legalized are pretty young or stupid or both

Yeah, like Ron Paul. Idiot.
Quote by JamesDouglas

I know man, my dealer totally tries to hook me up with heroin every time I buy weed
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Quote by slashisgod+some
This doesnt have a chance. it is (for america anyway) an extreamist view proposed by a libertarian (who switched to republicaian to run for president) politician.

Extremist view. Learn how to spell.
Quote by abdulalhazred

i've noticed that you're an ignorant fellow.

1.) this is an argument for DECRIMINALIZATION, not legalization, and
2.) you're making a sweeping generalization that is, in most cases, quite contrary to reality.
Quote by abdulalhazred
i don't think they should really decriminalize it.......but they shouldn't put people in jail for pot...i

someone get me a definition for decriminalization? lol its all good...

i really hope that passes. i love me some weed!

and im liking this new spell check
(signature removed, please choose another)
Quote by phatsack
I know man, my dealer totally tries to hook me up with heroin every time I buy weed

Come on dude, use a bit of common sense. Obviously I don't mean every single time anyone buys weed they get offered harder drugs. You're just being silly now.
Quote by JamesDouglas
Yeah, like Ron Paul. Idiot.

i agree. ron paul is an idiot
Quote by RU Experienced?

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

Wow, 3 and a half ounces? You've gotta have some huge pockets to have possession of 3.5 ounces on your person.
Quote by metaldud536
If you put an age limit on the cannabis you'll get more young people bragging about how they smoked pot other day, same way with alcohol.

No. Put yourself in the mindset of a child. What's more badass? Doing something underage or doing something illegal.
Quote by Typik
Lmao, what, did pot go spit on your grandmothers grave or something? You seem to hold some grudge against a stupid plant.

do you really think the government can handle only one issue at a time? This isn't the biggest issue, but they're still taking care of it, and it deserves to be taken care of too, just like you don't care about the issue, they don't care about you complaining about how much you "Don't care", so you might as well, eh... Stop?

it'd be nice to get the people in jail for such a harmless drug out, so its a bigger deal than you think, of course you'll deny this claim because you "Don't care" but you seem to make a sure big deal out of something you "Don't care" about.

What big deal? This is a stupid issue. It's a waste of everyones time.
Quote by Arthur Curry
i've noticed that you're ignorant. 1.) this is an argument for DECRIMINALIZATION, not legalization, and 2.) you're making a sweeping a generalization that is, in most cases, quite contrary to reality.

Thats the same sh*t as making legal. Getting cought with an amount and not getting punished for it.