Poll Options
View poll results: Switch it or not?
You leave the train
38 17%
You switch tracks
182 83%
Voters: 220.
Page 1 of 3
You are at a train junction, and there is an out of control train heading your way. You are by a switch that can send the train different ways.

You know that if you leave it the train will go straight on towards a bridge were 40 workers are working, you have no way of warning them. There could be a lot of deaths.

If you use the switch it will go down a different track towards a bridge where 5 workers are working.
The death toll could be lower but you would be responsable.

What would you do?

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
pray to Allah
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Simply because I could breed the pokemon, and act out my sick sexual fantasies between Dittos and Chanseys.

Quote by bequickorbedead
She had sex..with my...AIDS?

just wait and see what happens...

Forza Juve

'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
how many hobos are on the train?

i count them three times each.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Let the 5 die. It's the logical thing to do.

or fap.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Quote by Chikitty_China
or fap.

all fourty of them?!?
are they hot?
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Jump in front so that it hits me, stops, and kills no one else?
My God, it's full of stars!
5 people have more chance of getting out of the way
now extra flamey
I film it, put it on youtube and then post it in the Pit.
Mmmm, coffee

Quote by the_poison125
Fear your ass...

Quote by hazzmatazz
Quote by Våd Hamster
Sharing is caring. *holds out hands*
*inserts penis?*
To anyone who said yes.
5 hobos with no families who no-one will notice have gone missing walk into your hospital (you are the best surgeon in the world) They will all die in 3 days of a highly treatable disease, but if you allow them to die their organs can be used to save 40 other people.
What do you do?
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ikey
5 people have more chance of getting out of the way

This

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
I would imagine the people would hear a damn train coming towards them...oh, unless it's one of those new electric-powered trains that are all silent like. So Then I'd pull the lever and kill the 5 motards.
call in a giant eagle to pick up the train and carry it to safety were no one gets hurt, its the obvious solution

or id post a forum in the pit about the circumstance before reacting
I have this book somewhere..
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I'd shoot it in the face.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Im sure the five would see it and get out of the way unless they were pretty damn stupid.

if they dont get out of the way, then they deserve to die.
Quote by Parabellum
I film it, put it on youtube and then post it in the Pit.

Win.

But seriously, I don't think I could choose to change its path, I'd have to let it go straight on. If I changed the direction and it killed 1 of the 5 workers then I'd know it was my fault.
This is stupid. Just because you didn't switch the tracks doesn't make you any better.

Letting 40 people die because you don't want to feel guilty? I'd feel WAY more guilty if I let 40 people die. And it would be just as much my fault seeing as I could have spared their lives for 5 people instead.
Quote by Dreadnought
Jump in front so that it hits me, stops, and kills no one else?

You must be a giant...
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
run in front of the train but dont get hit(obviously) in an attemp to get the train conductor dude's attention. if that fails, then i guess that just sucks
Happiness is like peeing your pants

everyone can see it but only you can feel its warmth
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
This is stupid. Just because you didn't switch the tracks doesn't make you any better.

Letting 40 people die because you don't want to feel guilty? I'd feel WAY more guilty if I let 40 people die. And it would be just as much my fault seeing as I could have spared their lives for 5 people instead.
What if the 5 people were your closest family and friends and the other 40 people were just random strangers.
Quote by Chikitty_China
How.... big are you?!

my thoughts exactly
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5

In that case what would you do if 5 hobos with no families who no-one will notice have gone missing walk into your hospital (you are the best surgeon in the world) They will all die in 3 days of a highly treatable disease, but if you allow them to die their organs can be used to save 40 other people.
What do you do?
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Gaz_m2k5

Quote by Godbe
Win.

But seriously, I don't think I could choose to change its path, I'd have to let it go straight on. If I changed the direction and it killed 1 of the 5 workers then I'd know it was my fault.
and then we had both sides of the experiment.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5

*sigh*

So guilt is more important as a factor than lives?
Quote by Chikitty_China
You must be a giant...

I work out
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Ur all $h1t
In that case what would you do if 5 hobos with no families who no-one will notice have gone missing walk into your hospital (you are the best surgeon in the world) They will all die in 3 days of a highly treatable disease, but if you allow them to die their organs can be used to save 40 other people.
What do you do?

These are such old arguments

Keep them alive, no human live should be put on priority of others.
I would put the trackswitch half-way so the train would go directly into the fork in the tracks. The wheels would come off and the train would be skidding through dirt on its chassis, so it would be an effective breaking system. Now, can i has 1 x Internet?
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
I would pull the switch halfway so the tracks shift towards the 5 people but don't connect so that when the train reaches that point, it would get derailed and break down hitting neither the 40 nor the 5.

/thread?

EDIT: WOW I can't believe I got beat to that. WOW. OMG. I need to go cry.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Quote by OThugSd
I would pull the switch halfway so the tracks shift towards the 5 people but don't connect so that when the train reaches that point, it would get derailed and break down hitting neither the 40 nor the 5.

/thread?

so close...just one post late
but on second thought, would that actually work?
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
I would stop the train with my hands.
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
Page 1 of 3