I really been wanting to be able to play Thrash Metal stuff for ages but I just can't seem to get the speed of it, I've tried 3 finger picking but it doesn't work for me so it's either 2 fingers or a pick, I'm not sure which?

How should I go about learning to play thrash? Can you guys recomend me any songs or exercises that will help me improve?
Furstrated

Edit: Furstrated
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
Quote by MrTin
are you playing guitar or what?
use a pick

its in the bass forum for a reason....?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
Furstrated

Keep practicing, man. One day you'll be as good as me

Just kidding. Lean all of Metallica's Kill 'Em All, Ride The Lightening(album) and then Master of Puppets (album).
It's easy thrash, It'll push you in the right direction. Well.. mastor of Puppets isn't realy thrash. But songs like Disposable(sp?) Heroes have awsome gallopy things which you need... maybe
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Quote by JoelTheShredder
you play bass, you should be frustrated.

He's nawt. He's furstrated.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Fingers, always go with fingers. Always. Best song to learn for thrash is the standard Master of Puppets. Learn it slow until you can play it up to speed.
Quote by Ripper_66
Well I'll make sure I never spell that wrong again .

don't worry man, I get Furstrated sometimes too.
I usually play thrash with my fingers, but i've noticed a lot of thrash bassists use picks.
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
I’m having trouble with ride the lightning in the bridge section where you play all those 16th notes, I can't quite get it up to speed with my fingers and it makes my hand ache playing it.
All you can do is practice. If you're going the way of thrash, you would probably use a pick. But even that isn't a rule or anything. All anyone can really tell you is to practice.
keep going at it, you're building muscles.
and lern to spel frustrated.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Eh, If you're looking for easy songs, "Caught in a mosh" is quite good. You won't be able to just play fast - speed will take time to develop (this is coming from someone who still can't play raining blood, despite having learnt the tab like three years ago, but i'm not really bothered about my speed anyway)
If it's one particular fast passage giving you grief, set it aside and find other songs to build up your speed. There are lots of players who can play extremely fast with two fingers. There are also lots of posts here on build the three finger technique.
Quote by scawti
If it's one particular fast passage giving you grief, set it aside and find other songs to build up your speed.

Truth

I've found over the years, if I just can't seem to get something (I mean after going at it for a couple hours/days), I'll put it off and I'll end up comming back to it a month later and being able to play it right off the bat.
It's like a litle note saying "Hey! You ARE geting better!"
Quote by Banjocal
Play quick songs that arent as fast as thrash until you do those comfortably, and then take on real thrash. Some good bands that you need fast, but not crazy fingers for are, Iron Maiden, Korn (some songs like Yall Wanna Single) and Rush (but your left hand has to be crazy good first)
To build your two finger speed play some Maiden as well, or get a program that allows you to slow down songs, learn it at the slower speed then make it faster and you will be able to keep up.

I will never forget the day learned the intro to Master of Puppets
Liberation Minister of the UK Price War Army. PM Felkara to join

Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
You idiot....you set your hair on fire for a dollar.

Did you buy some intelligence afterwards??
learn to play with your fingers
but for really fast stuff use a pick
like if its contstant 16th notes for the whole song
youll need a pick
Trapped Under Ice by Metallica is one you should learn, its a simple riff and quite a fast one
hehehe... i love UG

w/o bass n drums, there wouldn't really be rock music.

Schecter is pronounced 'Shek-ter', right? I don't want to walk in and say, "Hey, can I try out that Sketcher?" and have the helper reply with "Wtf, we don't sell shoes!"
Quote by BaSSiSt_METAL
learn to play with your fingers
but for really fast stuff use a pick
like if its contstant 16th notes for the whole song
youll need a pick

Not necessarily, you can achieve just as high a speed with fingers as with a pick. Also, I would say fingers are actually easier for going quicker than a pick, but that's just me.