As my first guitar i purchased i bought the crappiest little 90 dollar squire strat.. and im now looking to COMPLETELY remodel it..

A few months ago i repainted it and shortly after that i began running into some electrical issues.. Im now looking to completely redo it.. new everything..

Im looking to get a HH pickgaurd, and put 2 seymour duncan invaders in it.. as well as give it a new neck.. (the only thing im keeping is the body)

so this brings me to a question.. ive looked a ton and cant seem to find ANY 24 fret necks.. and i have absoutely NO idea how to make guitar necks.. is there anybody that sells like, ibanez guitar necks? or NOT strat 24 fret necks?
Even if you find one, it won't fit. Different neck profiles. Squiers usually have relatively thin necks, so why replace it?
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
ebay!

edit: it could mess up the scale length of your guitar and make it untuneable though
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by Xinspaly
so this brings me to a question.. ive looked a ton and cant seem to find ANY 24 fret necks.. and i have absoutely NO idea how to make guitar necks.. is there anybody that sells like, ibanez guitar necks? or NOT strat 24 fret necks?

I have a feeling that putting just any 24 fret neck would mess with the intonation but Warmoth does fretboard extensions. Linkage
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
Well yeah, the neck is relatively thin, but even as a more heavy rhythm guitarist i feel limited at the top of the neck.. and REALLY like 24 frets.. Also.. cutting up the body wont be a problem i can repaint what i need to..and in fact am thinking about redoing the body a bit near the neck.. and sharpening the little edges at the tip, like an ibanez look..

Thanks for the tip on gettin the neck.. any other thoughts are also appriciated
The neck isn't the problem with that, it's the heel, I assume the neck joint is bulky?
I suppose you could re-shape that with a bit of modding (maybe make it AANJ, there's a tutorial somewhere for it) then it'll play a lot nicer.
ahh ok, sounds about right..

Also i am wondering.. how much of a task would it be to make the body string thru instead of the standard strat way of holding the strings? if possible at all?
To make it string thru you would need to fill the hole in the body where the wammy was. Then drill holes and put ferrules in and a new bridge. Would need to be painted again to cover the wood you added.
well my strat didnt have a wammy, so would i just need to drill than repaint again and the new bridge?
Unless you get a neck with an extended fretboard, dont bother trying to fit a 24-fret neck.

-Mick.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
Do what you will, but I'm curious as to why you are making such an effort to customize a Squire. I know you're replacing everything, but Squire bodies arent THAT great, usually made from some cheap wood.

That's just me though. Good luck with you're project though.

Cheers
Surf Rock the World

'Shark Bait'
Coming soon.
What you wanna do is incredibly pointless...Just sell it for as much as you can, and get all your cash together and buy a decent guitar. Something with stable tuners, good pups, a neck you like, a good bridge, good electronics. I really don't see the point in all the modding.
With all you want to do you may as well build a new body as well which would mean u have something thats a lot more personal. And it is quite easy to do, just look at some of the builds done on this forum.
Quote by Invader Jim
Well, opinions are like assholes...

Quote by LP Addict
they excrete feces, playing a vital role in the digestion system?

lol
Well without reading your posts.. ive come to this conclusion that you are right.. its pointless because a strat doesnt fit my heavy playing style.. i have baritone strings on a crappy lespaul right now.. come on.. haha so im ganna do a complete custom build basically..

Ive decided to cough out a bit more cash.. 400 more to be exact and completely build a new guitar.. Im quite excited actually, because ive wanted to mod somethin like that for a while..

Thanks to the original warmoth.com post i found out everything i need..

Im going to be using-
(most provided by warmoth, others by my local GC)
Ibanez Iceman body
"Jackson" style extended fret neck, (24)
2 seymour duncan invaders,
What ever pots and switches i need,
Completely outrageous custom paint job,
And maybe if i have the time a floyd rose..

That will cost me about 600 without the floyd rose, about 800 with the floyd rose
Last edited by Xinspaly at Apr 30, 2008,
Quote by RazzRocket
Do what you will, but I'm curious as to why you are making such an effort to customize a Squire. I know you're replacing everything, but Squire bodies arent THAT great, usually made from some cheap wood.

That's just me though. Good luck with you're project though.

Cheers

It's fun, something to do out of boredom.
Yes, that is true.. but ive decided to scrap the strat idea and now working on a paint idea for the previously mentioned poject iceman 8)
I think strat is max. 22 fret neck cuz only metal heads use 23th and 24th fret...
and strat is absolutely not a metal guitar.
I guess you have the same guitar as I do(squier bullet) and I've put Invader in bridge position and it sounds sooooooooooooooooooooo great.
I play punk rock and use a Peavey VK 212 with it.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!