I had a go on one of these, and whilst I thought it felt fantastic, the trem and the pickups are pretty substandard, so for a £500 guitar I'd end up paying a further £250 at least to get it to what I'd want, so I'm looking for an alternative where I won't have to swap out so much.

So in a nutshell, Thin neck, neck through, not bothered about the trem and some decent stock pickups. 24 frets would be preferable but not essential.

Playing wise it's anything from Zakk Wylde to Paul Gilbert.
Funny words.
maybe an s470, then use the money u migth of made to invest in some new pickups
Jackson SL3 (newer ones) have all you need. OFR, Duncans, neck through.
[quote="'Anno[fzk"]']S520EX
Pretty decent stock pickups to
The neck on this is far from being slim, as the ts requested. Otherwise great guitar though.

Quote by Supernaut2k
maybe an s470, then use the money u migth of made to invest in some new pickups

My thoughts exactly. You won't find anything with a better tremolo in this price range. It's not a neck through though, but I advise you to have a look at it anyway.
I'd definately go for an S series, provided I didn't already have an S2075, so essentially I'd be "down-grading".

I'm wanting another guitar just so I can either switch tunings or keep it in a different tuning, but don't want something identical to what I already have.
Funny words.
I still say go for RGT42

Its one of the best guitars ever. Especially the dx one which has a mahogany body. RGT42dx.

I change my pickups, and hardware, and now its one of the best things ever.
Quote by TheQuailman
The neck on this is far from being slim, as the ts requested. Otherwise great guitar though.

lol thick?
You're joking right?
Wizard II's are damn thin.

And since you already have a S series.

How about
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH400-Electric-Guitar?sku=516684
or the ESP LTD MH-400nt
or a Jackson DKMG
Last edited by Anno[fzk] at Apr 27, 2008,
[quote="'Anno[fzk"]']lol thick?
You're joking right?
Wizard II's are damn thin.
Oh sorry, I thought you were talking about the SZ520. Skim reading ftl.