OK, I have a really ****ty guitar, its from "Rocker Music" (yeah i know, thats bad). The action is waaaaayyy to far from the fretboard, and it just plain sucks. I definetly need a new one. I have been playing for about a year now (first 1-2 months i barely played, and it was an acoustic that wasnt mine), and i dont even know what its like to play a good guitar. I dont know how much of a difference it makes, or if its worth getting one. I dont have very much money, but i recently got a job, and i was wondering if it was worth saving up to buy a new one. thanks.
Well, sounds like anything will be better than the one you have, so I'd say yea go for it. It doesn't have to be anything spectacular, but if it feels and sounds better than thats an improvement and you'll probably be inspired to play more.
yep, save up and get a nice guitar

EDIT: but dont end up like the guy immediately above me with nice guitars and **** amps
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Quote by Guitar HERO27
OK, I have a really ****ty guitar, its from "Rocker Music" (yeah i know, thats bad). The action is waaaaayyy to far from the fretboard, and it just plain sucks. I definetly need a new one. I have been playing for about a year now (first 1-2 months i barely played, and it was an acoustic that wasnt mine), and i dont even know what its like to play a good guitar. I dont know how much of a difference it makes, or if its worth getting one. I dont have very much money, but i recently got a job, and i was wondering if it was worth saving up to buy a new one. thanks.

That answers your question.
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
Quote by Guitar HERO27
haha, thought so. any suggestions for a low budget?
be more specific than "low budget" please :P

edit: although i will state here and now that unless you're in the US, you're always gonna get a much much better deal online than in guitar shops
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Quote by Punks|Not|Dead
That answers your question.

I know a need a new one, but IS IT WORTH IT? is the question.
Quote by Guitar HERO27
I know a need a new one, but IS IT WORTH IT? is the question.

If you NEED one then yes, saving up to get one IS WORTH IT.
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
Quote by jeowy
be more specific than "low budget" please :P

edit: although i will state here and now that unless you're in the US, you're always gonna get a much much better deal online than in guitar shops

At the moment, i have approximately 10 dollars xD. but i got a job and like i said i need to save up. but how much should i save, considering i dont have amazing skill and ive been playing for a year.
Quote by Punks|Not|Dead
If you NEED one then yes, saving up to get one IS WORTH IT.
this isnt the pit. TS is asking a perfectly reasonable question
Quote by mr.happyman
Quote by Guitar HERO27
At the moment, i have approximately 10 dollars xD. but i got a job and like i said i need to save up. but how much should i save, considering i dont have amazing skill and ive been playing for a year.
its up to you how much you spend. ask yourself these questions;

a) what percentage of importance is guitarplaying to you compared to other things that cost money?
b) how long are you prepared to wait to get a new guitar?

and from that, decide how much money you'll have to spend, tell us, and we'll all fight eachother to the death sticking up for certain guitars and brands within that budget
Quote by mr.happyman
get an epiphone les paul.
no problems there.
cheap, amazing, and wtf its a les paul
just give me a fender and let me rip
an epiphone les paul standard is about $400 and i have heard that they are good,but it also depends on what music you like to play
gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez RG
Peavey Nitro
Takamine EG-351SSC
Bugera 333xl 212

My Music:
MySpace
Facebook
add me!
if you really cant decide on your budget, then ill go ahead and reccomend ESP LTD and ibanez. Theyre the only two brands i can think of that make genuinely good guitars in the ultra-cheap range. Please for the love of God dont join the "epiphone les paul" legion.
Quote by mr.happyman
Quote by jeowy
its up to you how much you spend. ask yourself these questions;

a) what percentage of importance is guitarplaying to you compared to other things that cost money?
b) how long are you prepared to wait to get a new guitar?

and from that, decide how much money you'll have to spend, tell us, and we'll all fight eachother to the death sticking up for certain guitars and brands within that budget

a) the only other thing i would really want to spend money on is buying an xbox 360, but I'de definetly rather get a guitar.

b) I can wait. Even though my guitar is **** i dont know what its like to own a good one so i dont know the difference, therefor i have no clue what im missing, so i can wait.

I'm thinking maybe about 300-400 dollars?
Quote by KingJustinian25
I got my S470 for $240 with hard case on ebay. If you trust used stuff, eBay rocks.
i agree with this guy. if you can take risks, use ebay. if not, for your budget i suggest checking out the ibanez GRG series and the ESP LTD 50 series.
Quote by mr.happyman
Quote by wolfy808
Maybe a MIM strat?

UG makes me want to cry sometimes
Quote by mr.happyman
Get an Agile. They are cheaper and just as good if not better than Epiphones.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by SupremeACL
Get an Agile. They are cheaper and just as good if not better than Epiphones.
i remember those! yeah theyre easily much better than epiphones. I completely overlooked them cos im from the UK, and theyre rondomusic only
Quote by mr.happyman
nobody buy a les paul

i had an epiphone one and the neck snapped after a week while it was in a hard case :S

btw, hi jeowy
Quote by Guitar HERO27
so... it comes down to Agile, ESP LTD 50, or ibanez GRG series?
theres lots more. In america you have the advantage of loads of small, pretty nice guitar brands
Quote by mr.happyman
Quote by jeowy

UG makes me want to cry sometimes

whats wrong with MIMs?
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Quote by jeowy
theres lots more. In america you have the advantage of loads of small, pretty nice guitar brands

im from canada
Quote by wolfy808
whats wrong with MIMs?
horrible value for money
Quote by Guitar HERO27
im from canada
to us brits, thats still america
Quote by mr.happyman
I realized i have no clue what to look for in a guitar. im looking at a whole bunch of Agile guitars right now, and honestly, i have no clue what makes them good guitars.
you should look into either an ibanez or a epiphone. they can be on the cheaper side, but sound really nice.

a epiphone les paul studio would be a good choice or a ibanez artcore.
Quote by Guitar HERO27
I realized i have no clue what to look for in a guitar. im looking at a whole bunch of Agile guitars right now, and honestly, i have no clue what makes them good guitars.
this is gonna be my last post in this thread im afraid, considering ive posted about 20 times now

basically, you just need to go to guitar shops and try out loads of guitars until you find something you really like. only use our advice on UG as a guide to make your search faster.
Quote by mr.happyman
Quote by jeowy
this is gonna be my last post in this thread im afraid, considering ive posted about 20 times now

basically, you just need to go to guitar shops and try out loads of guitars until you find something you really like. only use our advice on UG as a guide to make your search faster.

NO JOEWY! i planned on buying one online, but im still not sure.
Quote by grantmotion
nobody buy a les paul

i had an epiphone one and the neck snapped after a week while it was in a hard case :S

btw, hi jeowy

My Epi LP sits out almost every day on a stand, not in the case.
And it's 14 years old. The neck isn't going to snap.
My Epi Explorer stays in the case, and it's 8 years old, but the neck isn't snapping.
I don't even have a hardshell for the Turser or my Vcoustic....

Take a gander at Jay Tursers LP copies. The neck is thinner (I like it better) and the body is lighter (thinner, not chambered... but it doesn't sacrifice any sustain either)... The feel is different, but for the money... a used Turser is as good as a used Epiphone, and maybe better.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Check out the guitars at local guitar shops and stuff, im not sure what they got in Canada, but the Mom N Pop shops where Im at have some really good deals, like i got my cousin a Jazzmaster (hes fender crazed) for 350, perfect condition
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
I would checkout any local guitar shops with a good reputation. Then if you have a go on a MIM strat and use that as your benchmark so you can workout which guitar suits you by playing a few more in your price range. Don't worry if you are not an experienced player. You have just posted about why your current guitar is not up to the job and will be able to tell a good guitar that suits you when you play it.

The more you spend generally the better a guitar is, it will be easier to play and sound better but you have to make sure you get the right guitar for you and it may not be the most expensive.

Good Luck

if u just really want to bu from online just go 2 local guitar shops and play sum then look online about getting 1 the more u play the easer it is to decide on 1
MIM Fender Strat
Ibanez AE series acoustic
Washburn Semi Hollow loaded with Di-Marzios
Main Street LP
Tama drum set
Marshall Blues-breaker 2
VOX V847 Wah
Fender Princeton chorus