I've learned the major chords so far, their minors, etc. but don't know what to do next. Some advice would be appreciated.
Learn the major and minor scale to start off. It will definitely help.
While looking at a guitar magazine with some friends.

Quote by Kaleb
DUDE! Is that a Mel Gibson?!

Quote by boreamor
Don't you understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar? It's the online symbol of maturity. And you as sure as hell don't have that.
cool man, anywhere I can get that?

I should also point out I am planning on taking lessons, but not yet as I need to get some cash.
lessons are good, scales are good. googling "guitar lessons" or "online guitar lessons" is good. try the same searches with youtube. start learning songs from tabs on UG, etc.
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Aside from learning scales, i'd advise you learn a few hand/finger exercises on the guitar. They're awesome for warming up and can help build up your stamina and dexterity
If you guys could provide some links for some scales and stuff that would be good.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/guitar_scales.php

Learn:

>Major
>Minor
>Pentatonic Minor
>Pentatonic Minor

Always lean the scale using the pattern that has the first note as the root note, i.e the first note of C Major should be C, and that is pattern 8 on that site.

was one of those supposed to pentatonic major? Where should it go in relation to the others?
Quote by rockadoodle
was one of those supposed to pentatonic major? Where should it go in relation to the others?

Oh dear. The typo of the century. Yes, one of those was supposed to be pentatonic major. If you're looking for an order to learn them in, then:-

Pentatonic Minor
Minor
Pentatonic Major
Major