hey i'm just wondering i'm gonna get a 100 watt dual reverb jcm 900, most likely was thinking about getting a attenuator
it has a power switch down to 50 but i'll most likely still need one
now is this one any good?
i really don't need any options but just lower the volume
also would a volume pedal do the same thing?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

no volume pedal cant do that...

get a weber mass attenuator


Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
The "Volume Box" won't work, it's basically a master volume. No attenuating done there.

Weber makes good attenuators, at least from what I've heard.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
You get what you pay for. If you're going to attenuate, get a real attenuator. Better, yet, get a load box/attenuator & a separate power amp. No tone loss that way.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Like everyone else mentioned, just get an attenuator. A volume pedal in the loop is only going to act as a master volume. All you would be doing would be regulating preamp volume, which isn't how an attenuator is hooked up or works.