I bought a guitar a few years ago for 400 bucks and have barely used it. I'm planning on selling it back to the retailer but don't know how much I should expect to get. I have a preconceived notion that guitars sell back at fairly high amounts. What do you guys think?
you will get almost less than half, so i would advise that you sell it on here, or facebook, or ebay anything like that.
you'd get ripped off if it's a big place. I would suggest trying to sell to a friend or putting an ad for it.
Gear
Takamine EG5015S
Fender Telecaster Deluxe
Fender Strat
Fender Stage 1600 (160 Watt)
Digitech Hot Head
Digitech Hot Rod
Digitech DF-7 Distortion Factory
Quote by shanew712
I bought a guitar a few years ago for 400 bucks and have barely used it. I'm planning on selling it back to the retailer but don't know how much I should expect to get. I have a preconceived notion that guitars sell back at fairly high amounts. What do you guys think?

your much better off selling it on Ebay. keep in mind the retailer is going to want to make money from selling your used guitar. they will give you bottom dollar for it, so they can make a profit. If you paid $400 when you got it, dont expect the retailer to offer you more than $50 - $150.

Out of curiosity, what kind of guitar is it. What condition is it in?
Quote by shanew712

Depends on what kind of guitar it is, but probably around $200-$250. You'd get a bit more selling it privately.

Also, wrong forum
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
they are probly guna try and buy it back for cheep as they can. so you probly wont get too much
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah