Can anyone give me good metal songs to learn on guitar that would sound cool wherever i play it. THnx
divine heresy-Bleed the Fifth
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
Metallica. Theyve got some good riffs, good for beginners too.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by MakeItWitChu
Metallica. Theyve got some good riffs, good for beginners too.

agreed, also slayer and megadeth.
alot of easy power chord stuff which will sound mean as hell but not too difficult to play
Enter Sandman is pretty easy and it sounds good on electric or acoustic. The chorus can dress to impress if thats what you're looking for.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
Quote by alkalineweeman
agreed, also slayer and megadeth.
alot of easy power chord stuff which will sound mean as hell but not too difficult to play

well idk about slayer cuz most of their stuff sounds the same..
Laid to Rest by lamb of God is my warm-up song, it really gets the left hand working!
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
2 Minutes to Midnight - Iron Maiden

Great fun to play, great solos, lots of tempo changes and you can sing along to the chorus
Number of The Beast by Iron Maiden is piss easy.
Also Seek & Destroy + Master of Puppets by Metallica. MoP being significantly more difficult.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
learn some Death, fun and kind of challenging
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
The Trooper by Iron Maiden.
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I’ll kiss you ’cause
With the birds I’ll share...
it depends on what metallica, some of there stuff is easy some of its hard. its kind of weird because with their old stuff, ( Hit the lights demo, killemall) the solos are really hard but the riffs are real easy, with their later stuff, the solos arent as hard (with the exception of the MOP one) but the riffs are harder. if you like the black album try stuff off that, its all pretty easy.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Only Ash Remains
Necrophagist

very simple!!
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Quote by themuffinman666
well idk about slayer cuz most of their stuff sounds the same..

Not to mention a little fast for beginners.

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
You haven't told us what your skill level is but I've gotten into All That Remains a lot recently and my two favorite songs to play are Six and Become the Catalyst, they sound really mean too lots of my friends who've never heard of the band before really liked those songs when I played for them a few days ago they're real crowd pleasers (if the crowd is into death metal, of course)
try Sabbath stuff, those were the first metal songs i learned, NIB, behind the Wall of Sleep. mostly stuff from their first(and best) album
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Yeah, we really need your skill level because alot of people are throwing out some really tough songs, along with easy ones. So what is your skill level? How long have you been playing?

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
skill level?
Specific genres?
Fav. Bands?
etc.
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by shredforbread33
Only Ash Remains
Necrophagist

very simple!!

That doesn't look like it's a simple, if the TS is a beginner, lol.

In any aspect, I think Angry Again by Megadeth isn't too hard. Sounds pretty sweet too.
Trust - Megadeth

The solo's really hard for a beginner, but the song itself is quite simple.

I Am The Law - Anthrax

One of the slower songs from Among the Living. It still deflowers virgins, though. Also try "Madhouse" from Spreading the Disease.

Electric Crown - Testament

This is one of their easier songs, even though the solo's not for beginners. It's still good, though.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Apr 27, 2008,
enter sandman, creeping death sounds really cool and the rhythm is fairly easy if not a little fast. metal militia, seek and destroy, escape, these are all from a rhythm point of view though, im no lead player.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
Quote by Holy Katana
Trust - Megadeth

The solo's really hard for a beginner, but the song itself is quite simple.

I Am The Law - Anthrax

One of the slower songs from Among the Living. It still deflowers virgins, though. Also try "Madhouse" from Spreading the Disease.

Electric Crown - Testament

This is one of their easier songs, even though the solo's not for beginners. It's still good, though.

Everytime I see your avatar,

inside my head yells

"THAT IS ULTRA MAGNUS!!"
But Hot Rod is better.:P

edit: On topic, anything by Sabbath is learnable, and some of their later stuff, off of MoR, Sabotage, and Volume Four is fairly easy and sounds cool as hell.
Quote by WillPlayForFood
mow lawns mutha ****a.. shiiieeett back in the old days we used to go out in the fields and pick cotton.. turns out My boss was colorblind.

EDIT:not trying to be racist.
...and don't sig me.
Constant motion - Dream theatre,, Not That heavy,, but a great song
Metal!!!/COLOR]<br><br>
Gear:
LTD M-200FM
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50.
Ibanez SZ720FM
Boss MT-2 MetalZone
Boss GE-7
Zoom II Effects Pedal
Symphony of Destruction by megadeth the solo is hard but with practice you'll get there but great song none the less
or possibly hangar 18 besides the solos.. the riffs are pretty easy

or for a harder megadeth song play holy wars
I Cum Honey by Cannibal Comb.

Also, Conquer All by Behemoth.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Quote by Remonster
You haven't told us what your skill level is but I've gotten into All That Remains a lot recently and my two favorite songs to play are Six and Become the Catalyst, they sound really mean too lots of my friends who've never heard of the band before really liked those songs when I played for them a few days ago they're real crowd pleasers (if the crowd is into death metal, of course)

My favorite songs to play from them are Six and The Weak Willed, but All That Remains is not Death Metal, they are Metalcore.

Also, ATR is not exactly at a beginner's playing level, some of their riffs are absolutely brutal, definetly not a beginner's choice.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.