How is "playing keyboard" different from "playing piano"? I got a book for learning the piano but I will be using it on my keyboard because I do not (and nor do I plan to) own an actual piano. Besides the footpedal things that piano has that I'll be missing out on, is there anything else I should know?
Play the music, not the instrument. ~Author Unknown

blackzeppelion
Who's the band that could become the next led zeppelin?
Ovenman
Iron blimp.
J.A.M
Aluminum helicopter.
Ovenman
*Breaks out periodic table* Magnesium bi-plane.
A keyboard will not have as many keys, but a beginning book won't go high or low enough for that to matter.

Other than that, it's like acoustic vs. electric guitar. Not much is different.
Sustain pedal, as you said. A piano has naturally hammer-weighted keys which is actually quite different from cheap keyboards with unweighted keys, but the main concepts are all the same.
Standard Fender Telecaster
Fender Blues Jr
Ibz10
They feel and respond differently

To begin, it shouldn't make a difference.
If you have weighted keys, it's pretty much the same. Otherwise, playing piano would be a slight adjustment, but you would probably get used to it within a few minutes.
Try to get a keyboard with weighted keys to get the closest experience. You can get one for $400-ish. Non-weighted keys feel really weird to regular pianists(well me at least) and I imagine it works the other way too, but if it's too much of a hassle, just go for the non-weighted.

EDIT: Oh wait, you already own a keyboard. Well then...if it has weighted keys, if not oh well. Won't be such a massive problem and playing a piano won't be THAT hard.
Quote by zipppy2006
Sustain pedal, as you said. A piano has naturally hammer-weighted keys which is actually quite different from cheap keyboards with unweighted keys, but the main concepts are all the same.

You can buy sustain pedals for keyboard.

But your right about the other stuff. And whoever said its like the difference between electric and acoustic guitar is dead on. Except The difference isnt even that big.
Learning piano on a non weighted keyed keyboard is a great way to destroy technique, or in your case, to stillborn it's development. Of course, if you only wish to play a few Beatles arrangements or some coldplay songs it doesn't matter, but on the other hand, if you are planning on playing at the level of the Beethoven Sonatas and Chopin Etudes then you might want to rent an actual piano. (Prices around here are around $30-$150)