i was playing around with it, and it broke, i wanna go get another one, but the problem is, the screw part of the whammy bar is still in the bridge of my guitar, and i can't get it out.. how can i take it out? or do i have to like replace the whole bridge.?

cheers.
Super glue it back together and then twist it out.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
Super glue it back together and then twist it out.

if you do this though, be careful not to use too much glue and glue the whammy bar to the bridge, because then that will be even worse to get out
you can use epoxy but like said, tapping on too much and the beoken bit gets stuck.

you can use a pin drill bit into the broken part, reverse drill it out, or tap a nail into the pin hole and screw it out.

they also have special drill bits for broken screws, will work here.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by locosenor13
if you do this though, be careful not to use too much glue and glue the whammy bar to the bridge, because then that will be even worse to get out

+1

make sure you use a very viscous (Thick, doesn't flow much) super glue and only use a small amount int he center of the break, as to avoid sticking it to the bridge.
That happened to me too. Do you have a cheap guitar like I did?

Take your strings off and the back of guitar off. Remove the bridge and take it out the back. Now you need to shove your trusty drill in and make a hole in it. Then put your trusty rethreader in there for a screw size. Stick a screw or something else in. Then use your trusty welder and weld the 2 together. Then un-screw the new one you put in, and your broken trem should come out of the bridge.
Or do it this was which may screw up your bridge:
Use your trusty drill, and disentigrate the broken trem hoping not to hit the bridge itself. If you do use your trusty rethreader and make a slightly bigger threading than the last, cause now you gotta bigger hole. Then find a trem that fits the new one.

I didnt have any of the tools or the know how, but fortunatly my neighbors a auto repair man. He tried the first method first, but it didnt work so he moved onto the second one. Luckily the new treads were close enough to the origional so I could still fit a new trem in.
CLICK ME shred on
SPEED = POWER
!THRASH METAL REVOULTION!
Last edited by skydemon666 at Apr 27, 2008,
how on earth did you manage to break that?!!! erm, be careful if u use glue, or take it to a shop and see if they can do it.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
I'd say it would be safer to take off the bridge and work on it separately. What kind of guitar is it? You probably shouldn't fool with the hardware if it's an expensive instrument.
Newbs are dorks... oh wait, I'm a newb... shoot...

I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!!!!!! I DRINK IT UP!!!

One of these smilies is mentally challenged
I would recommend the glue option. Drilling is very risky and you might end up destroy the whole thing.
its a pretty cheap guitar
an axl marquee sro. it was about 160 dollars, it's not really an expensive instrument.
just drill a pin hole.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011