its sunday now, i have a cold/soar throat and need to get rid of it by thursday for a show...any suggestions
Unless its really bad, it'll probably begone by Thursday. But drink lots of warm water and rest your voice. So no shouting and try not to cough roughly.

If its not gone by Thursday, make sure you don't talk all day before the show. Sounds a bit extreme but it'll keep your voice as intact as you can get it for the show.
Rest, don't talk (I mean literally, do not use your mouth to communicate at all), drink lots of water, and try not to get stressed about it. If you still have a soar throat on the night of the performance, load up on over the counter meds that will help you make it through the show. Dayquil, Tylenol, throat spray, anything that will make your voice usable for that one hour on stage.
We're only strays.
paracetamol and drink loads of water

oh and lemon and honey tea is good

honey on its own is ment ot be good to
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
also, if it is still bothering you before the show, a little cup of coffee(if you don't drink it regularly) will help tons with the vocal chords, can't remember the exact science of it, but it works wonders, again - only if you don't drink coffee or caffeinated drinks regularly.
Am I the only one who knows how to spell the word "sore"?
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
My choir teacher, who is a professional singer gave us a whole packet of info on this kinda stuff, here's what I can remember:

-don't yell or whisper, whispering is actually harder on your voice than yelling is, try to talk in your normal voice whenever you can

-mix a mild warm tea with honey and drink it a little before you are going to perform

-this one may be obvious but drink TONS of water. Drink as you perform and before and after.

-get rest
Homemade Strat
ESP EC1000
ESP MH 400 w/ Original Floyd Rose
Epi Les Paul Custom
Line6 Flextone
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
Furman Power Cond.
DOD rack EQ
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Boss FL2 Flanger
Line6 Tremelo
Line6 Echo Park
Quote by SLD.Potato

Haha oh yeah, I forgot 'soar' is what eagles do.
We're only strays.
Quote by SLD.Potato

Everyone else just likes the imagery that "soar" provokes

Honey and lemon = bad idea.

Doesn't actually help and can make things worse. Stick to warm water.

Also avoid dairy products.
Quote by rizo299

Honey and lemon = bad idea.

really? i didnt know that, people have always told me to
people say to drink Lemsip if you have a cold :S

what does it do to make things worse
Quote by XCount Me InX
really? i didnt know that, people have always told me to
people say to drink Lemsip if you have a cold :S

what does it do to make things worse

If you have a cold by all means drink lemsip, but when preparing your voice for a show, speaking strictly from helping to keep your throat alive on the day of the show, its best to go for warm water.
Last edited by rizo299 at Apr 27, 2008,
Do what everyone else said...warm water, rest throat, LOTS of water....

Another note...Buy Echinacea and some strong multi-vitamins (like for weight-lifting)...Echinacea is an herbal immune system booster, don't worry, no1 is allergic to it. Doing those 3 things, as well as taking some tylenol cold, and tylenol night time (make sure you get some night time medicine, SLEEP IS KEY)...

Also, warm and soft foods, soup, noodles, etc.

Do all of that, and you will be ready.
Echinacea is a bit dodgy
there have been some studies that have prooved that it doesnt really do anything and that its a placebo effect

i only know this coz i was looking into taking some one day
Also, Possible Lemsip side effects: Rashes, indigestion, bleeding from the gut, blood problems ( unusual bleeding or bruising, sore throat anf fever), loss of appetite, dry mouth, difficulty passing urine, tension, restlessness, disturbance of sleep, hallucinations, tightness of chest, asthma.

These are all rare but i remembered reading them in a book once so I went and found it, thought it was oddly relevant.
Earl Gray/Lady Gray Tea! Believe me, I have a Cold right now and drinking them Teas definatly help. They have Orange and Lemon peal in them, so that clears your Nose and sooths your throat.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Quote by XCount Me InX
Echinacea is a bit dodgy
there have been some studies that have prooved that it doesnt really do anything and that its a placebo effect

i only know this coz i was looking into taking some one day

I think it has more to do with a persons body chemistry. Some people it wont work, some people it will.

I firmly believe it does for me, I typically get sick twice a season, and I've only gotten sick once this YEAR...that one time was a bad infection, my family wanted me to go to a doctor, but I started taking echinacea and some stronger vitamins, and I fought it off, for the first time in my life, without antibiotics.

I think it's worth a try, regardless.
yeah im not saying anyone shouldnt not try it, it wont harm you haha

Quote by rizo299
Also, Possible Lemsip side effects: Rashes, indigestion, bleeding from the gut, blood problems ( unusual bleeding or bruising, sore throat anf fever), loss of appetite, dry mouth, difficulty passing urine, tension, restlessness, disturbance of sleep, hallucinations, tightness of chest, asthma.

These are all rare but i remembered reading them in a book once so I went and found it, thought it was oddly relevant.

LOL great
1. Find an emo kid.
2. Invite him to take his pants off.
3. Grab his throbbing penis.
4. Place your tongue and rub it on the head of the penis to moisten it.
5. Proceed to place the penis in the mouth until you start to gag.
6. Suck on the penis until you extract the medicine.
7. ????
8. PROFIT
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by hellraiser1133
Do what everyone else said...warm water, rest throat, LOTS of water....

Another note...Buy Echinacea and some strong multi-vitamins (like for weight-lifting)...Echinacea is an herbal immune system booster, don't worry, no1 is allergic to it. Doing those 3 things, as well as taking some tylenol cold, and tylenol night time (make sure you get some night time medicine, SLEEP IS KEY)...

Also, warm and soft foods, soup, noodles, etc.

Do all of that, and you will be ready.

You do know that medically, boosting your immune system is not a good thing?