Chaps
New top all this and would like some advice . I am looking to get a amp , I only want it to use at home and possibly record at a later date . I'm not interested in how loud it is in fact I want is to be on the quiet site . All i want is it to sound S**t hot . I have about £1000 to £1500 to spend
You have already made a thread about this. Don't make multiple threads asking the same question. Go to thread you originally made, you have already had replies in there.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Peavey Mini Colossal, or something like that. I forget. (word that means "small") Colossal.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
^yeah, satriani recorded his last album using only a 15 watt tube peavey, and I think that was the one. Don't quote me on that though.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
that's just too much for a practice amp... you could get a hell of a head and an awesome cab
Koch Studiotone or a Orange Tinyterror
My guitar gear:
Epiphone G-400
Kasuga Les Paul Custom (Broken nut)
Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553 head
Marshall Silver Jubilee 2x12 cab

My bass gear:
Gibson SG EB-3 1963
Dynacord Eminent II
Marshall 4x10 cab

Rest is in profile
Even if you're gonna use it at home, high wattage is alright. You want your investment to pay off if you are going to be gigging some day.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Even if you're gonna use it at home, high wattage is alright. You want your investment to pay off if you are going to be gigging some day.

If the amp is too powerful though the 'sweet spot' may require it being turned up too loud for his house.
Quote by emr_steelmech
^yeah, satriani recorded his last album using only a 15 watt tube peavey, and I think that was the one. Don't quote me on that though.

No. The Peavey Mini Colossal is a 5watt Class A tube amp costing around £400-£450 new. He recorded 1 song with it named "Mini Colossal". He recorded the last album using his usual JSX though used his new signature distortion pedal on a few songs.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15