O.K. Lets say, hypothetically, lead guitar and bass magically switched roles. Would this be awesome or terrible? I realize that bass is fundamentally a rhythm instrument, but could this ever possibly work and sound awesome?
I think a great example of this kind of thing is the Who. Entwistle didn't play lead bass in the sense of really fast and typical guitar stuff, but he played lead on at LEAST as many songs as Pete, if not more. Basically, my point is that if you're going to do this, don't play like a guitar. Its not THAT avante-garde.
Quote by IndianRockStar
Its not THAT avante-garde.

good times with NSG
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by IndianRockStar
Its not THAT avante-garde.

Who DIDN'T see that coming?
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Primus I think would be a prime example to us (how about THAT call back)
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Talas (w/ Billy Sheehan) was basically like that in the early 80s when they were a 3 piece. It can definitely be done.
Primus, another good example.
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
Quote by Rofl_Wafls
O.K. Lets say, hypothetically, lead guitar and bass magically switched roles. Would this be awesome or terrible? I realize that bass is fundamentally a rhythm instrument, but could this ever possibly work and sound awesome?

Bass is not rhythm instrument. I'd say it's harmony. IMO
ppl dont ever take initiative with these things

ugg

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....