i want to customize my ibanez RGR421EXFM by putting a floating tremelo on it(luthier will install).

what are some good tremelos i could put on it, i know absolutely nothing about them.
i dont like the floyd rose because they dont go backwards.
LOL, what do you mean they don't go backwards. If you can't pull up on the whammy bar you have a problem.

Edit: I have the Satch one on my JS1000 and it's amazing.
FIRST COMMENT. the edge system made by ibanez that joe satriani uses should be pretty good.
Quote by LD_Luke D
FIRST COMMENT. the edge system made by ibanez that joe satriani uses should be pretty good.

It's Edge Pro, not Edge. But yeah, Edge Pro is def innately good.
Ibanez ZR trem. Seems much smoother than an FR, and the bar will lock parallel to the guitar and stay there instead of dangle.
Quote by All_Bodies

Are you stunned?
Quote by Gregray88
Are you stunned?

Your avatar was hitting every cymbal crash in the song I'm listening to....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by All_Bodies
i want to customize my ibanez RGR421EXFM by putting a floating tremelo on it(luthier will install).

what are some good tremelos i could put on it, i know absolutely nothing about them.

Uh...Yes they do. You must have played a guitar that was non-recessed.
A Floyd Rose TremOlo does go back into the body, and can also go back up.

The Floyd on my Jackson is an Original Floyd Rose, and it's around 18 years old, and it's still going fine. If not, as well as it was when I bought it. You can screw the whammy bar in until it fits tight and doesn't dangle everywhere on your guitar, and they're made of forged steel, so you don't have to worry about gouging the tremolo or getting it replaced anytime soon for quite a few years (unless it was installed incorrectly).
Bigsby?

*slaughtered by every metal soloist in the forum*
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Quote by XianXiuHong
A Floyd Rose TremOlo does go back into the body, and can also go back up.

well technically it's a vibrato as tremolo is a change in volume. Blame Leo Fender.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Apr 28, 2008,
I heard Kahlers are good tremolo systems. Jeff Hanneman from Slayer uses them if you like them.

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

Quote by PlagueX1
I heard Kahlers are good tremolo systems. Jeff Hanneman from Slayer uses them if you like them.

they do have their disadvantages compared to Floyd Roses though.

they go out of tune if you do bends and the only way to be in tune again is to do a slight dive and there's less sustain compared to Floyd roses.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Is the guitar good?

Because I wanna buy one
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
well technically it's a vibrato as tremolo is a change in pitch. Blame Leo Fender.

No, vibrato is a change in pitch, which is why it's correctly called a vibrato bar. Tremolo is a rapid change in volume, and is also a rapid repetition of a note (think Dick Dale's "Misirlou"). Fender screwed up by calling the tremolo on their amps "vibrato," and their vibrato bars "tremolo."
Wilkinson makes some of the best bridges around.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by FRDesign
Edge Pro
Edge Lo Pro
Edge
Original Floyd Rose (OFR)
Ibanez ZR
Kahler

Dont forget a shaller and the gotoh floyds
Quote by Holy Katana
No, vibrato is a change in pitch, which is why it's correctly called a vibrato bar. Tremolo is a rapid change in volume, and is also a rapid repetition of a note (think Dick Dale's "Misirlou"). Fender screwed up by calling the tremolo on their amps "vibrato," and their vibrato bars "tremolo."

that was a lapse.

you should be able to tell by the context of the post.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Wulver
Bigsby?

Why?????
I've heard those things don't even really stay in tune well, and even if they did, why would you want to install a toilet flusher attached to your guitar by a speedo?

/end unnecessary negative opinion
Gear:
-Ibanez S470 DXQM (Blue)
-Roland Cube 30X
Quote by qotsa1998
Ibanez ZR trem. Seems much smoother than an FR, and the bar will lock parallel to the guitar and stay there instead of dangle.

u can lock ur trem bar on a Licensed FR or at least i have on mine...just gotta twist the knob till its tighter
Quote by All_Bodies

o_O
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
o_O

I dunno why, but you don't have to say much and you still crack me up. :P

Dive-Only Floyd Rose (not recessed):

(rests flat against the body of the guitar - A really nice Kramer someone here owns)

Recessed Floyd Rose (can pull up and down):

(you can see how it's routed differently in comparison with the first guitar, allows room for it to move freely and is considered a "floating" tremolo - my Blackjack ATX FR)
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Hakael
I dunno why, but you don't have to say much and you still crack me up. :P

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by PlagueX1

"Wrong again Idiot." Kerry King uses the Kahler. Most kahlers are really smooth. I personally hate them for that same reason.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Quote by All_Bodies

Dude trust me they do did you ever see Dimebag, or Steve Vai play with their wammy bars backwards towards the a$$ end of the guitar thats them playing "backwards" as you put it. Thats what gives you that hight pitch horssie Squeal.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.